Chapter 36

******

I wait for him to begin speaking, its been five minutes and he hasn't spoken. I sigh which must give him a sign to hurry this up. "I'm so sorry Brin, I shouldn't have told you those things I-"

"It's fine, Hunter. I get it. You hate me and I-" I cut him off but he cuts me off.

"let me finish Brin", he scowls, I nod and wait for him to finish.

"Right, I shouldn't have said those things. I was angry and just wanted to hurt you, I know that's stupid and it's by far the worst thing I've done. I was angry because you lied to me but what I did and said was no better. I don't think those things, you're the most beautiful woman I've ever laid my eyes on...I told you I never loved you and that wasn't true. I've always loved you, always will Brin. That small amount of time I spent without you was the longest week of my life. I wanted to die, I never want to be without you again and I don't care if It's selfish. I lost myself because I lost you, I took drugs and drank alcohol every day to try forget you, I got into fights every night and I could never remember a thing. I would just wake up with random bruises and cuts. I don't want to spend another second without you baby, please give me another chance, please let me show you how sorry I am. Let me show you that I love you... Please", he pleas, his voice cracks and eyes brim with tears as he stares into my eyes looking for an answer.

"Hunter, if we're constantly hurting each other we shouldn't b-"

"Don't fucking finish that please...I promise I won't hurt you deliberately again. I want to be good for you, I need you baby... Please", he grabs my hand placing my palm on his cheek and tilting his head closer, a tear escapes his eye and he looks down holding my hand in place. I've never seen him like this before. He's so lost and broken, I hate seeing him this way but I need to do this for me. I need to feel better about myself before letting him back into my life.

"Hunter, I can't", I pull my hand away. He slowly looks up into my eyes their so red, glossy and filled with tears. I'm watching the man I love breakdown and it pains me so much. I don't even know if it's an act or real.

"No...please don't, why?", his voice cracks again.

"I have to feel good about myself again before I allow you back in, I lost myself too", I look down feeling the lump in throat.

"I need you though, I can't live without you. I'm lost Brin please", he brings my hand to his chest while tears run down his face. I can't have this conversation anymore or I'll give in and I can't, I need to do this.

"You can, Please understand. I need to do this for me", I try not to let my tears fall.

"You still love me though right? You'll come back to me?", he rubs my arm up and down still holding my hand in place over his heart.

"I do still love you but I can't promise you anything", I look away from his sad eyes.

"I understand", He lets go of my hand placing it on my own lap gently. He turns looking out towards him as he tries to hold in his sobs.

"Goodbye, Hunter", my tear finally drops.

"Don't say that, it feels like you're saying bye for good and I can't take it Brin. I'll be waiting, so it's a...I'll see you later", his lips trembles as he avoids eye contact.

"Okay. I'll see you later, I love you Hunter", I gulp.

"I love you", he smiles through his trembling lip looking into my eyes not letting anymore tears through.

HUNTERS POV

I watch as she reaches for the handle and closes the door shut, she walks into her house andI feel like I've lost her all over again. She won't come back to me, I've hurt her to many times and she knows I'm no good for her. I'll never be good enough for her. Look at her, then look at me.

I'm some tattooed freak with issues, too many issues and she's the most beautiful creature who is just perfect in every single way. I am utterly amazed by her and I know I've lost her for good. I hate myself, I ruined the only good thing in my life because I was mad that she didn't want to hurt me. I'm the pathetic one, I wish I could feel her touch one more time even just see that smile one more time but I know I won't, not towards me anyway.

I'm sitting in my car letting tears roll down my face. I've never once broken down in front of a woman and never thought I would but here I am wishing I could just take away the pain that floods me. I will wait for her no matter how long but I hope it isn't because I can't live without her.

******

Please vote, comment and follow😊

Don't be a silent reader❤️

Love you all💕