Ch 20 - Making it a Regular Thing

Chapter 20 - Making it a Regular Thing

I was assaulted as I walked through the door. 

"Where the Hell have you been? No, actually I don't care. The point is, she's got to go!" 

"She's the fucking crazy one not me, I haven't even done anything!" 

Okay so I wasn't physically assaulted, but as Keeley shouted to me why Ruby had to leave and Ruby shouted to me why she didn't. I couldn't help but feel like I was being verbally assaulted. 

"Woah, woah! Calm down, both of you." I raised my hands and waved them about, they both quieted down but were giving me equally hateful glares. "Now," I started in an exaggerated calm voice, "What's going on?" 

The semi calm that I'd just reached was shattered by the end of that sentence, they both started talking at once with raised voices and wild gestures. 

"Stop!" I yelled, they both stopped and looked at me. "Keeley you tell me your side first." I nodded my head towards her and avoided Ruby's look of betrayal. 

This was Keeley's home before it was Ruby's, I had to listen to Keeley first. Especially if she's the one with the problem with Ruby. 

"So last night we had an awesome kick ass party for you both coming here, right?" I nodded to show I was listening, "And, while we've been out all day at college and at work she's had nothing to do but sit around and do nothing all day, yes?" Keeley's voice was slowly becoming louder and angrier as she explained. 

"Uh, I guess?" I shrugged not having a clue where she was going with this, I slid a sly glance towards Ruby who just smiled innocently and lifted her shoulders. 

Oh I had a bad feeling about this. 

"So you'd think, you'd think, that she would show her thanks for that awesome kick ass party I threw for her and maybe tidy up a bit after it, right?" 

I opened my mouth to calm Keeley down before she started going crazy again, only to realise she hadn't finished telling her story. 

"That's not even the worst part," She screeched. I snapped my mouth closed and let her get on with it, there was no going back now. "I came home after having a long, stressful day of researching bones and writing multiple papers. All with a hangover I might add." Keeley raised her finger and poined it in my face, as if it was helping her to make her point. 

"Yeah okay, I still don't see -" 

"Oh but you will," She interrupted with a low voice, "So after a long, stressful day all I wanted was to have a hot bath. But no, when I came in the house looked like it had been robbed, all of the mess from the night before was still there. And, I could've overlooked that but when I went to the bathroom to run a bath there she was, with a freaking dog in the tub! Using my shampoo to wash it with. Violet we aren't even allowed to have pets here and that shampoo cost me almost fifteen dollars." Keeley was flushed and out of breath by the time she'd finished her story. 

I don't think I'd ever seen her so mad. 

A dog? Fifteen dollar shampoo? Had I stepped through a wardrobe unbeknownst to me and ended up in Narnia? 

What the Hell was going on?

"You. Go." I swung my gaze to Ruby and motioned for her to start, I'd come up with a solution once I'd heard both sides to the story. Surely Ruby wouldn't have bought a dog though. 

"I woke up this morning in a strange place, there was no one around to tell me what I should have been doing, I didn't know where the fuck the cleaning supplies were." She stared pointedly at Keeley for a moment before carrying on. "I got ready and  went to explore the place, I met this super hot guy- by the way you were so right about the lads being hot here-" I narrowed my eyes at Ruby and silently told her that now was not the time for that.