Chapter 11

There was a deep manly voice coming from upstairs that said, "Bring me the intruders." Jennifer pushed me backwards gently with one hand while walking backwards and SOMEHOW not tripping while wearing her ridiculous high heels. Her red dress only went a little below her waist so thankfully she couldn't trip on it. We were almost at the door when a bunch of guys rushed down the stairs with crow bars, baseball bats, and other blunt force melee weapons. And out of nowhere someone grabbed me from behind by the neck. They started choking me hard and I couldn't breath as their grip was tight and relentless. I tried to speak or scream but to no avail with Jennifer not noticing yet. She was clearly mentally overwhelmed with how many there was. This was the first time I'd ever seen her freeze in fear. She was almost always fearless. As life began to fade away from again; I couldn't grab her and my vision kept going black. After a few seconds, Michael rushed at the guys who had just come down the stairs and were ready for a fight. It didn't take long for Michael to start beating the life out of all the thugs one by one. After maybe hearing me making choking noises, Jennifer turned around and saw someone choking me. And for some reason thought it would be a good idea to throw the gun at the person's face rather than shoot them. But it didn't matter, she stilled knocked the person off me.
   I could breathe again and she came up to me, "You good?" I nodded as that was all I could muster as I was catching my breath. More guys came out from every angle. There was easily over thirty of them and more constantly coming in. Michael was getting overwhelmed at this point as he couldn't dispose of them of fast enough. They managed to apprehend him due to him getting exhausted, I think. I was going to summon my sword before two bulky guys grabbed my arms and held on tight. I kicked one in the ankles but they just looked at me with no effect. These guys weren't no ordinary thugs. They clearly were experienced in these sort of things. But a memory came to me, a way out potentially; I tried to activate the blessing my father gave me that one time in the underworld but of course it didn't work. Because as I tried to summon a weapon, they grabbed Jennifer. I especially didn't like other guys touching her. Nor did she as I think she tried to grow into her giantess form but they put a metal collar on her. But whatever that collar was made of had stopped her from doing so and they forced her onto her knees. They brought me over to her and pushed me to my knees too. And they put a collar on Michael too for some reason disabling him too. He was forced onto his knees too. Something huge from upstairs started moving shaking the floor, dust falling off the roof. Whatever it was it shook the entire building. Then it appeared, it was a MASSIVE guy. He was as tall as Michael but almost had no neck almost. He was just a massive body with massive and strong arms with short legs.  When he reached the bottom of the stairs a bunch of his minions were in the way standing in a circle around us. But that didn't stop him, he literally picked them up and tossed them aside into a wall like they were nothing until he was where he wanted to be. He stood a few feet away from us. He had black/dark brown curly hair and dark brown eyes. Out of nowhere a small, scrawny, guy who was like three feet tall said, "We got 'em boss!" The big dude shot him an annoyed look and flicked him aside into a wall.
    He walked a bit closer to Michael grabbing him by the neck and forced him to look to one side inspecting him closely. "Are any of these the Crosby guy? We need him for the reward." 
     The small guy got up (after hitting the wall) pulling out a piece of paper that looked like a wanted poster. He held it up to Michael, "That ain't him Giuseppe. I mean boss!" The big looked even more pissed off but didn't flick the small guy aside again. "Then is the other one him?" The small guy walked over to me but I put my head down my hair covering most of my face, trying to delay them from figuring out it was me. But it didn't take long before the big dude walked over to me grabbing me by the neck and hoisting me in the air with one arm. The small guy looked at the picture then at me, a giant grin growing on his face, "It's him boss! We got him!"
    The big guy smirked evilly putting his other hand out by the midget guy, "Power collar now." I looked and the small guy gave him one of the same collars Michael and Jennifer had on. I tried to put my hand next to my neck so he couldn't put it on but he just squeezed me tighter. I didn't want to be strangled to death so he put it on me. It was tight but not tight enough to strangle me. He put me down and I gasped for air. This guy wasn't going to be easy to defeat if I got in a fight with him. Especially with all three of us having the power collars on. The big guys brought us all upstairs by force. There was a small room next to the stairwell that had a lock on the door and only one window. They had tied our hands together with rope. They locked the three of us in there alone. There was a little window in the door was smashed in and that was it. I wasn't trying to stair here for whatever they needed me for. I'd have to find out why they wanted me and if I could negotiate my way out of here. Or the less humane way; fighting my way out.