Chapter 13

We landed miles away on the other side of the field where we started. We didn't encounter any resistance at all which was strange but it made since it was late in the night. It was probably 3 AM by now. We landed on a roof of a three story building. We were on top of the second shortest building on the block. There was cars in the street below and a flipped over armored military hummer with a machine gun on top. It had an urban camouflage paint job on it. Meaning it was splotches of greys and whites which was supposed to make it blend in with the city environment. Anyways, the situation was pretty dire as of now. We hadn't seen anyone friendly for a while now and Michael was worn out from flying for so long with the extra weight (being Jennifer and I). It was kind of surprising that he would get exhausted so easily, considering he was supposed to be some amazing super human experiment. But that didn't matter right now. I had no way to defend myself or the other two if we were to get into a fight now. My pistol had been left behind from the fight before we got locked up. It was time for a change of weaponry. A gun wouldn't be practical anymore. I'd run out of ammunition too fast and bullets wouldn't affect the guy behind this since it didn't work the first time I tried it. A basic sword iron or steel sword would break too fast and be worn down even faster. Then I remembered... I had stored a special sword in my car. But it was across the city. I could call it too me but it'd be very risky. As let's just say... my car was not quiet at all. I straight piped it, which meant it was loud all the time unless my car was going ridiculously slow. I pulled out my key chain. Holding it in my hand hesitating whether to call my car in. The Lamborghini bull logo staring back at me. I forgot to mention that Jennifer and Michael were asleep. Both of them were leaning against the A/C unit on the roof. Jennifer was as attractive as always. But instead of making the dumb decision on my own to cause a massive surge of attention; I decided to wake Jennifer up even though she probably wouldn't be happy. I walked over to her and kneeled down.
    I shook her gently to wake her up. She woke up almost instantly. She didn't look too happy, "What Crosby?"  She rubbed her eyes gently and yawned.
    I didn't speak for a minute debating whether to ask, "Sorry but I have a dumb question, should I call in my car? I need something out of it."
She looked at me, "No Crosby, it's too loud and we won't be able to hide it. Whatever you need can't be that important. And if it was you could just summon it."
She had a point but also wanted my car for a few other reasons. So I decided to let her in on my plan, "I don't want to call in my car only for that. But also because we could use it as transportation. As walking at this point is too slow." I walked over to the ledge of the roof looking down at the street below. "Come here." I waved for her to come over.
She looked annoyed at first that I wanted her to get up. She looked over the edge along side me, "What is it?"
I rested my hand on the edge of the roof and I pointed out the hummer on the street that was flipped over with my other hand and her eyes lit up. "I could use that armor on my car. And if I have enough time... maybe weaponize my car with the machine gun."
She shook her head, "I have a better idea, how about we flip it over and see if it's still running. Then if it isn't, we call in your car. But if it is we'll use that." That was actually a way better idea. I put my keys away. The problem was going to be flipping it over as it was way too heavy.
Then that reminded me of something I wanted to ask Jennifer, "How come you haven't become a giant in any of the fights we've been in recently?" I noticed that almost every time she's been in her human form and hadn't changed into her giant one in a long time.
She placed her hand on top of mine, "Crosby, I didn't because almost every time we're too close together. I'd crush you if I did. Or like last time, if I did in that building... it would've collapsed and killed you. And you can probably figure out that I'm not trying to kill someone I just had to figure out how to bring back from the dead." She smiled gently and pecked me on the cheek. I blushed a bit but what she said made sense.
I looked at her beautiful eyes then back at Michael, "Anyways should we wake Michael up to help us flip the hummer over?"
She shook her head, "Not yet, let's wait until morning. He needs the rest clearly." We both agreed to let him sleep. Soon after the talk Jennifer went back to sleep. I summoned my sword from memory. It looked like this:

I hand crafted it when I was at Camp Morgul during my free time and because of that, it was special to me

I hand crafted it when I was at Camp Morgul during my free time and because of that, it was special to me. It was made out of ebony, so it was practically unbreakable and didn't wear easily. And the way I forged it made great for slashing and stabbing. Just like how I like to fight. Anyways, I stood watch for the rest of the night.