Chapter 14

Literally nothing happened the rest of the night. It was quite boring to be honest. I sat there the entire night just doing random swings with my sword. Or I would sit next to Jennifer and rest. But I got up when I heard noises, every time it was a false alarm. Usually it was the A/C unit as it would seem to flicker on for a few seconds then die out. And every once in a while when I got bored, I checked on Jennifer to make sure no one had tried to take her because I'm kind of paranoid of losing her. Since I didn't want to be left alone with Michael. And I also wouldn't be able to beat the current threat by myself if both them had left me. Especially since it didn't work next tine. Then in my thoughts, I began to miss my other clothes. Mostly because they actually fit me unlike the stupid ones Jennifer had given me. And unlike the ones I had on now, my other clothes I had were fire retardant because I liked to use fire magic along with dark magic. But that didn't really matter because I don't use fire magic often when I'm with friends; even during fights. Especially since I read a story about a warlock who accidentally burned one of his friends to death while in a battle against monsters. Apparently, he never used magic again and felt forever guilty. Personally, I would not like to feel guilty forever for killing a friend. Especially, if it was Jennifer. I wouldn't be able to forgive myself if I did. And speaking of her, she leaned her head against my shoulder as I was sitting next to her to rest a bit. And because of it, I didn't move until morning due to the fact that if I did; she'd fall and smack her head against the concrete roof we were on. Also, I wasn't trying to give her a conscious due to kind of needing her in a fight.
After a few hours they both had woke up. I had attached the sheathe of my sword to back during the night. And I had put my sword in sheathe. It was probably like 10:00 AM now when Jennifer woke up first and looked confused when she woke up. The first thing I noticed was her hair was becoming rough from not being groomed for a while. But everything else about her was perfect besides being a tad dirty.
For a while I didn't understand why she seemed confused so I decided to ask her, "What's wrong?" And when I asked she seemed to grow very sad suddenly.
Then she answered, "We were at the castle in my dream and we had fixed the all issues in the kingdom. All thanks to you..." Then she looked down. I could tell she wasn't very happy with reality right now. Nor was I. But I wrapped my arm around her trying to make her feel a little bit better if I could. Even though, I'd honestly rather be in her dream world rather than this hell hole.
She got up after a minute or so and sighed, "Let's flip the hummer over and get going." I agreed it was about time. So, I got up and walked over to Michael to wake him up but surprisingly he was already awake. I asked him to help and he did without hesitation.
After gathering what little supplies we had, we climbed down the fire escape that was attached to the side of the building. And after reaching the bottom, I peered around the corner of building making sure there was no one before all of us went over to the hummer. It was suspiciously quiet but before flipping it over, I just looked at it to see if it was even worth it. Within a few seconds, I noticed that there was glass shards on the ground which I assumed had come from the windows on the side it had landed on. Then, I looked at the underside of the car... only to find the drivetrain shaft had snapped. That would be an issue if I didn't know how to weld it correctly back together, but luckily, I did. Besides that, I figured this could work so we decided to flip it over.
After we flipped it over I looked at the side that the hummer had landed on. The door was dented inwards, which meant the armor plating might be damaged. But I could probably fix it by hand. I tried to open the door and surprisingly it did but it made an awful creaking noise. I soon found there was glass on the seats which would have to cleaned off. But that was going to be one the easiest parts. The hard part would be finding the tools necessary to fix this thing. And the only places to find them were an auto body shop or an automotive store. So as any normal human would do, I looked around us from where we were standing and saw neither of those. I mean, I could summon the tools but if I kept summoning stuff I'd be exhausted. But whatever. I decided I'd summon them if I needed to. There was a slight issue, I'd need to move the hummer inside somewhere so I could work on it and not get discovered. And it just so happened the roof we landed on was an apartment complex with a garage underneath it. I figured we could move it into the garage with all of our combined strength. But like most garages in the city it had one of those stupid gate things and a booth blocking the way in. But because I could, I just cut the gate arm off of the booth clearing the way. The next step was to find a way to get the drivetrain shaft working just long enough to move it. I thought for a minute and came up with a temporary fix. And due to that idea, I did something that some would consider dumb. I climbed under the car and held the two bits of the drivetrain shaft together. I blasted it with a fire spell a few feet from my face causing the metal to melt. And it was a dumb idea as my cargos pants caught on fire. I had to put it out so I stopped, dropped, and rolled putting out the fire. On the bright side, the drivetrain shaft was melted together for now and had cooled off rather fast for some reason. I didn't want to come up with reasons why it cooled off so quickly as it wasn't important right now. And again, it took all three of us pushing with all our strength to move the hummer into the garage. Now then, let's just say it wasn't very pleasant to move as it didn't roll forward easily and it was ridiculously heavy.