Chapter 18

We were closing in on the final destination. We were less than maybe a few hundred miles away now. All was running smoothly. I mean, the roads were cleared up here with no rubble or cars suspiciously in the way. I didn't realize at first but we were going so fast the buildings were just a blur as we had passed. (We were going roughly 85 MPH I think). And then the car started making beeping noises through the speakers. I slowed down unsure what the he'll was happening. I looked at the speedometer and the oil pressure and gas were fine, still at three quarters of a tank somehow. There was no check engine light or anything either. Everyone in the car looked at me like I was supposed to know what was going on. Within a few seconds after we had slowed down a little screen rose from the top of the dashboard. It was showing a radar and there was tons of red dots ahead of us it said. I looked out the windshield and there was nothing it seemed but when I focused it revealed itself. There was an encampment ahead with a bunch of little tents all cluttered together like ones used by the military. We were still miles away from the energy surge I thought. But I was wrong. I looked up into the sky and there was the pillar not even a mile away from us coming from a few yards past the camp site. This was it. We had arrived. We needed a plan before we going to infiltrate. I flicked the car into reverse activating the rear camera to reverse since I couldn't see out the rear window because of the loafers.
     Jennifer looked at me seemingly confused, "What's wrong?"
      "Can't you see what's ahead of us? There's a camp. We're here."
     She looked out the window and shook her head, "No, I don't.
     Then Riley decided to pitch in her input, "There's a barrier only those who know the magic used can see through it. That's why you can Crosby. I only know because Kevin told me about it." So this guy used the same magic as me.... great. If we got into a magic duel it would be too even. I'd have to think of something else. I backed the car up fast and went into the nearest ally way. I got out of the car and luckily we still had enough room to comfortably get in and out of the car. Everyone got out and stretched almost immediately as it had been a long ride with no breaks along the way. I decided now would be a good time to see if my dad had left any other surprises in the trunk. I leaned into the car and flicked the lever to open the trunk. I walked over and opened it. What I discovered I would've never thought of. The inside of the trunk on the walls were outlined with buttons. All square shaped and with different emblems of weapons glowing white. They ranged from basic melee weapons like a sword to an actual mini gun on one of them. And there another note which I picked up. It was in the same blood red ink, cursive, writing.
Dear Crosby,
This car is one of my greatest possessions. If you're wondering why I have it, I drive this when I visit your world. That's why it's amazing in every way. It has to compensate for one of the greatest gods in the underworld. Anyways, I knew you'd look back here. So, I'll explain how it works even though it's pretty straight forward and you can probably on your own due to your brilliant intelligence.
First, you have to obviously press the button of your choice. And within mere seconds in the center of the trunk a weapon will appear. I trust you not to abuse this feature. You can put a weapon summoned from back here into the secret compartments in the door if you'd like. Anyways, end the pesky Demi-God for me. His sacrifices are infuriating Hades as the gates to the underworld are over flowing with souls who shouldn't have died for many years.
Love your father,
The Lord Of Darkness.
    I just wanted to test it so I looked at the options. Then I noticed on the right side of the car was pictures of bullets and other ammunition's with labeled buttons. I pressed the sniper rifle button just to see if it worked and within a few seconds it did. It was a special sniper rifle and I didn't even realize. It was one you had to assemble by hand. It had a suppressor, the barrel, the magazine well attached to body with the scope too. The stock was off too. The others were looking around the corner of the building to try to see what I was talking about
before. I assembled the sniper rifle and grabbed about three magazines the sniper rifle came with a sling that I attached and slung it over my shoulder. I primed the bolt in the rifle readying a round. I looked around us. I needed to get high up to see down upon the encampment. There was no ladders or fire escapes nearby to climb up. I walked over to the rest of them and looked too. I had to focus again and I could see through the barrier.
Michael was the only one who turned around. He decided to ask me, "What's up?"
I looked across the street and I had missed something very important. There was a fire escape attached to the side of the building across the street. The problem was getting across the street. I aimed my sniper rifle at the force field looking through the scope. I made sure no one was looking but I couldn't focus through the scope so I decided I'd just cross the street. I looked both ways anyways and just sprinted across the street. They all just looked at me from across the street but I ignored them. I pulled my sword out and knocked the ladder down so I could climb up. I climbed all the way up onto the roof. There was about six stories I had to climb up. When I got the roof I could see the edge of the barrier that the others couldn't see through. And the roof was big enough where almost half of the roof was on the other side of the barrier. I ducked down behind the wall of the roof. I summoned a suppressor for my sniper rifle and put it on. I peaked over the ledge and aimed down the sights. I looked around and there way too many monsters too name but one that stood out. There was a Minotaur. Like the ones from legends that would wander mazes and murder a massive amount of people. It would be a problem to take down. There was a pile of cars against the other side of the encampment. And next to the car pile was a forge with a grindstone to sharpen weapons. The forge was as big as the one at Camp Morgul. It was made of wood and was built like an old Roman building. It would be easy to set on fire. I looked around some more. There was more tents then I had realized. Then in the center I saw the biggest tent. And the man himself who was behind this.