☆The Sass Queen Strikes Back☆

Gerard's POV

This place is worse than Jacquie's office, something I discovered the minute I woke up in here. I hear the keypad get tapped. Probably just some nurses. I think to myself. I suddenly realise, that two of them are far too short to be nurses and the tallest two looking like actual nurses. "Gerard, it's us." Amelia whispers under her breath. "Hey guys." I say, keeping quiet, no matter how much I want to yell at how happy I am to see them. They tell me the plan, we all escape, tonight and move out of town, all together. "Ready?" Frank asks. "Ready." I found out that Frank had packed some of my stuff up, so thoughtful of him. We escape through the opened door, so far everything going off without a hitch. We hear someone coming down the hall, their footsteps sounding familiar, but I just can't put my finger on it, the figure reveals itself to be Lindsey. "Guys, I'm coming with you," Loki looks at her quizzically. "And no, I haven't told anybody, you're safe with me." We continue walking down the hall, making sure we weren't being followed by any more unwanted hitchikers.

We make it to the Cafeteria, thinking and hoping we can climb the fence, and escape to freedom. Loki had somehow ordered us a driver, from god knows where, waiting for us to get out, and jump into the car. All I can think about is freedom. For some reason, the floor feels really slippery, and I mentally tell my clumsy ass not to fall over. I don't, but someone else does, the person following us. "Guess who?" They say, I can hear the smirk in their voice. I make a break for it, so does the rest of the crew. I hear a gun load, and I hear Loki, Gracie, Amelia and Frank all gasp in unison, Lindsey doesn't seem all that surprised because she was probably in on this, but couldn't say anything. It was Mikey. Jacquie was there too, also with a gun, a pistol in fact. They both open fire, the blinding light, and disorienting clang of bullets, making my head spin, reminding me of last time this happend. Lindsey gives all of us a boost to get over the fence, as most of us couldn't get over with the exception of Loki and Amelia. She is almost over the fence, and a single shot is fired. She stops moving and a deadly silence followed. "Fuck, we killed the wrong person." Mikey says, picking up Lindsey's dead body despite the fact he's going to get covered in her blood. "Put her down and I'll go get a body bag." Jacquie says, leaving. The night felt colder. We hide in the forest that surrounded the area, all of us already in black, making us harder to see.

Loki's getaway driver shows up right on time, well a little bit early, but who's judging right now, this is a life or death situation. We all clamber in and speed off, Jacquie and Mikey making a terrible attempt to shoot at the van. A wave of nausea washed through me the realisation that we were down a member, my heart sinking even further with the realization that Gracie was crying. I hug her, she hugs me back. We don't say much, Loki and the driver (who doesn't remotely look old enough to drive) talk about what's happening, and in between Gracie's sobs, I hear parts of their talk.

"Uncle Loki, are you sure that Mr. Stark would be okay with this?" He says, trying to keep his chocolate brown eyes on the road as he anxiously looks over at Loki. "Yes, he's fine with it." Loki lies, making the boy driving smile a little bit. Not gonna lie, he's kinda cute. Gerard, you have a boyfriend, stop tryna get your gay ass another boyfriend. I think to myself. Gracie has fallen asleep, her head on my shoulder, and so has Frank. I smile, both of them are kind of cute when they sleep. Loki says for the driver to introduce himself. "Hi, my name's Peter, Peter Parker." I can hear the smile in his voice. "Well, uhm, I'm Gerard, Gerard Way." I had to stop for a minute there because I almost said 'I'm gay'. "Nice to meet you then." Peter says, looking into his wing mirror. "Who are the other three?" My heart sank, as Lindsey wasn't here. "This one here," I say, pointing to Gracie. "Is a living meme named Gracie." Peter smiles. "Who's the blonde one?" He asks, Amelia had spaced out and was looking out the window. "That's Amelia, she's weird, but good weird." I say, she then flicks her head around, her ponytail moving. "And I'm proud of it too!" she exclaims, making Peter smile. He then turns his gaze to Frank. "Who's this?" I smile. "This is my boyfriend, Frank." Peter nods, whispering all of our names as if to commit them to his memory.

We were finally out and free, no walls or nurses, just us and our own lives.