finish what ya started

Flipping through thousands of papers and listening to Van Halen was how Nancy found herself doing every night. She mumbled the lyrics as she found a paper that was left on her desk by her assistant, Lucy. She picked it up and smiled. It was a drawing that her daughter, Marnie, had drawn and asked Lucy if she could give it to her.

A knock interrupted her staring. It was one of the new interns, Eric. "They're ready for you, Miss B-Bowers." His stutter obviously reminded her of Bill.

"Thanks, Eric. Did you eat already? You can take your lunch break now if you'd like." Nancy grabbed the drawing and put aside, not wanting it to lose it in the piles of paperwork.

"I'm fine, thank you." Eric seemed nervous.

Nancy smiled at him and made her way into the conference room to talk to some college students that had arranged a tour of the building. "Congratulations on your engagement, Sharon!" Nancy said to one of the employees that's worked for her for several years.

"Tell me you didn't call her Miss Bowers?" Amy, another employee, asked eric.

"I might have, why?" He asked confused.

"We don't call her that. She prefers Lennon or just her first name. We actually don't say the name Bowers here." Amy explained. "I'm surprised she didn't freak out about it."

Amy walked to her desk and sat in her spinny chair, going back to work. Eric followed, still not understanding why it was wrong to call her Bowers. "Am I getting fired? Oh god, do I have a lawsuit coming my way?"

"Hey, relax. Almost everyone here called her that. Just don't do it again." Amy calmed Eric down.

"Okay, I feel better. I think. But what's so important about the name Bowers?" Eric asked.

"You're telling me that you didn't at least googled her before you interned for her?"

"No?"

Amy sighed and looked around to see if nancy was anywhere in sight. "She grew up in Derry, Maine. That's where a bunch of kids went missing, her brother went mental and murdered her dad so she was put in foster care. He went to the loony bin. He's still there. But they weren't actually related. He would constantly make fun of her and even went to therapy because of him. She doesn't use the name Bowers because it reminds her of her brother."

"Oh gosh, I need to apologize." Eric felt bad. He was afraid that he made his boss get flashbacks of her rough childhood.

"Amy?" Nancy called out. She walked to Amy's desk. "Can you take the students to the second floor? Michelle is there to talk about scholarships." She said and walked back to her office.

"I'll get right on it." Amy was about to get up, but her desk phone rang. "Lennon industries, this is Amy speaking, how may I help you?"

Whoever it was on the phone, amy didn't know how to respond. "Uh, she's in her office right now, I can take a message?" She looked over at Nancy's office and saw her working. "Um can you give me a minute?"

She put her hand over the phone and looked at eric. "Go to her office and ask if she would like to take a call! It's important! Go!" Amy panicked.

Eric ran to Nancy's office, knocked on the door and opened it when Nancy said that it was open. "There's someone on the phone that would like to speak to you."

"Put them through." Nancy said without looking up from the paperwork.

Eric gave amy a thumbs up as she pressed a button on the answering and put the phone down. "That was stressful." She said as she left to go take the students to the second floor, Eric running after her.

Inside her office, Nancy picked up the phone. "Hello, this is Nancy Lennon."

Then she heard a voice she recognized immediately. It was her friend's voice. Mike Hanlon's to be exact. "Nance?" Mike spoke. "It's me. Mike."

"Mike?" She couldn't believe it. "Oh my god, it's you." She smiled.

"Do you like Joy Division?" Mike joked.

"It's been too long." Nancy smiled.

Suddenly Mike's voice sounded serious. "Nance, it's back."

She had forgotten about it. Now that she thinks of it, she forgot about everything. But not her friends. She could never forget her friends. Could she? "The oath.." she said quietly.

"We promised we'd come back. You promised." Mike said.

"And I intend to keep that promise." Nancy replied. If she beat pennywise once, she could do it again.

"I called the others, we're meeting at Jade of the orient. I'll see you then." Mike was about to hang up when Nancy stopped him.

"Wait.." Nancy practically yelled. "Stan, he, um, is he... okay?" She hadn't heard from stan in a long time and she needed to see him as soon as possible. If anyone knew where Stan was, it was nancy, but even she didn't know where he was this time.

"He's still stan." Mike chuckled.

"That's unfortunate." Nancy smiled, tears forming in her eyes.

"He's in the south. Atlanta." Mike knew that Nancy wanted to see him. He did her a favor and gave her his address. He had received a postcard from Stan years ago when he first moved there. He still had it.

"Nance?"

"Yeah?"

"It's time to come home and finish it."