16. Rest In Peace

Days had passed since Tanisha's and Taetum's death and Dylan, Courtney, Tamika and I went everywhere together. Attackers had come but we worked together as a team and so far no one had died. Good. I didnt trust anyone going off alone. I was acting really paranoid i know, but i wanted everyone to stay safe. I went evrywhere with Tamika, and Dylan went everywhere with Courtney. He wasnt happy with the idea at first but they soon bonded and are actually pretty good friends now. I was sitting down drinking some water when Dylan came up to me.
"I want to go home. Can't we just kill Courtney and Tamika?" He asked. I was shocked really shocked that he could say such a thing. I knew he wanted to go home and everything to go back to what life was like before the war. I wanted it too. But we can't just kill of our friends and then each other. I didn't reply to his stupid comment because I knew arguing with him would be pointless. I wanted to get out of here, I wanted to travel in time and go back to the day before the reaping and run away. I should've ran away if I had I wouldn't be in this stupid mess. I could stand here and think of all the things I Could Have done. Or I could man up and try and win this thing. Wait why was that going through my mind? Yes I did want to get out of here but no I didn't want to witness my friends death. I heard a sudden scream and hoped everything was ok. I heard footsteps stomping along the ground. Dylan came running to me.
"Courtney!! She's dead!!" Dylan screamed.
"What?? How?? What!?!?" I didn't really know what to do.
"I had to pee really bad so I went behind a bush and when I came back she was on the ground. She had a hole in her head with blood oozing out." he said in a panic. "come quick." I followed him as he asked. She was laying in a pool of blood, cold and lifeless.
"How'd this happen" I asked again. I knew Dylan wouldn't know how but i hoped that if I kept asking I would magically find out. I knew that wouldn't happen. I looked at her bloody body. It was all gross and mutated. I wanted to scream and cry and shout and beg for her life back. I wanted to ask for her forgiveness to say I'm sorry for putting her through this mess. But I couldn't because she was dead.
----------------------------------------------
AN: Sorry I haven't updated in forever but I have had ten gazillion projects and exams!! Anyway it's nearly Christmas holidays now so I will update heaps then. Sorry this is such a short chapter but I have been real busy. I promise you all this book will be finished by Christmas.