5. Jet Set

I chose a seat next to Courtney a friend of mine since year 1. We Weren't classified as BFF's but we were really good friends. "I'm sorry about all this." I said feeling guilty. "Tom! Look at me. it's not your fault so stop saying sorry. I don't blame you and I don't think anybody does." she said. I smiled at Courtney, she smiled back at me. This was really awkward. I don't know why but it was. we just stared at each other not saying anything. I looked away and looked out the window. I don't understand, we have been friends for years so why was this awkward. I turned on the TV to try and get my mind off of this crazy situation. I decided to watch Degrassi. I loved that show It was just the best and it really did take my mind off of everything.

__________________________

My eyes bolted open. I realised I must have fell asleep. "Hey there sleepy head." Courtney said. "How long was I out for?" I asked. "About an hour. at least you got sleep everyone's been shouting and screaming in a good way kinda like on school camp when we are talking loudly on the bus. I think everyone's forgotten. I've tried to get some sleep but everyone's been crazy loud." she said. I smiled at her and then realised I needed to pee. "I'll be back." I said getting up and walking down the aisle. The toilet was occupied so I waited. Tanisha walked out. "Oh hey Tom." she said in a perky tone. "Why is everyone so happy? we will all die apart from one of us in about 24 hours." I said. "Maybe because we are glad that even though we are gonna die we are glad it will be as one big friendship group." she said "by the way I think you will love the bathroom. It's a lot bigger then the normal plane bathroom." she said walking off. I walked into the toilet and was pretty surprised it was bigger. There was a sink, toilet and a bench which had about 4 foot, foot space. for a bathroom it really did smell nice.

________________________

We all were mucking around being crazy forgetting everything. Mostly the reason why we were on this plane in the first place. We were talking over each other and laughing just joking and stuff. Then Anya The Life Ruiner came waltzing down the aisle. "May I remind you all of the reason why you are on this plane." She said in a viscous tone. "So can you all be a little more quiet. Thank You." With those words she walked off into the cockpit. "Anya come back here!" I called out. "Why is everything ok?" She asked. "No there isn't. I think we have a problem." I said. "I think you are being quite selfish. I think your the one that needs a reminder of why we are here. We are all gonna kill each other so I'm sorry if we want to act like we aren't going to stab each other in a couple of hours. I'm sorry if we want to make our last moments with each other fun." I spat at her and sat back down. Anya just glared at me and stormed off. All of my friends were looking at me. "What?" I asked. All of a sudden they all stood up and clapped. I smiled. At least I could do something right.