9. 1,2,3 Hunt!

Today was the big day. Everyone was running around everywhere. Anya The Life Ruiner was running around yapping orders at us. I ignored them all. I was too busy trying to figure out a way too get out of this whole situation. But I had nothing. I was freaking out and couldn't stop shaking!! Why is this happening to me?!? It just wasn't fair.

I had walked into the lobby of the hotel and walked up to the lady at the desk. I looked at her name tag it read: Hazel Aden. She looked sweet but tired as if she was Bored of her job.

"Do you have any Wi-Fi here?" I asked

"Yes but it costs $10 an hour." She said.

"Put it on Anya Mcpherson's tab." I said about to walk off.

"Hang on" Hazel interrupted me "Does Anya know about this?" Hazel asked.

"Yes" I replied walking off.

I walked into my room. I had just remembered something. The only way the Hunt can get canceled is if the tribute has died. I knew what I had to do. But could I go along with it? No. But i had to, it was my only option.

I pulled out my phone and googled: best way to kill yourself. It was drastic but my only option. I scrolled down the website and saw lots of different ways.

Electrocution

Drowning

Falling From A Great Height

Self Mutilation

Getting hit by a car

Strangling yourself

I was scared to do any of them. Only one seemed like a good option: Self Mutilation. I didn't want to do it but I had done it before just not very deep. I walked into the bathroom hoping to find what I was looking for. I opened the cupboard and looked trough everything. I pushed all the bottles away and saw it right at the back. I knew I had seen it somewhere. It was a box of razors. I took one out and walked to my bed and rolled up my sleeve. I pushed the blade through my arm, deeper and deeper. Blood spewed out and it wouldn't stop. It hurt so much!!! I knew it wouldn't kill me so I had to go deeper. The door opened. I dropped the razor in shock. It was Jainelle.

"Tom!!!!!" She screamed running over to me.

"Go away! If I die you can all go home the hunt will be cancelled. I said in between gasps of pain.

"I don't care. You need to be safe." Jainelle said lifting me up and placing me down on the bed. She ran into the bathroom and got out a flannel. She drenched it in water and placed it onto my arm. She picked up the phone by my bed and called 000.

"Help I need an ambulance. My friend has just cut himself really deeply. Get here quick!" she told them the address of the hotel and the room number. she had hung up and pressed down on my arm.

"Ouch!" I winced.

"Sorry but you need to apply pressure." She said holding down harder.

_________________________

I awoke in hospital and saw all of my friends with concerned looks on their faces. Anya had a massive scowl on her face.

"What the hell did you do that for?!? You nearly got The Hunt cancelled!" she shouted at me. Taetum, Jainelle, Felicity and Courtney just turned around and death glared her. If Only looks could kill. I thought. I had a few chats with Counsellors and therapists but since I wasn't depressed and only did it to save my friends and brothers lives so I could leave.