1

Shuichi Saihara. The Ultimate Detective. Hot dang he sure must be famous right? He must have lots of money and best parents that keeps spoiling him with expensive gifts right? That's what you wall think of him.

Shuichi isn't famous.
His parents died when he was young.
His uncle abuses him and never even spent a single coin to buy at least one gift for the Detective.
So let's just say his life is shit.

He never even wanted to be an Ultimate Detective. He just solved one case then.. thats it. When they heard the news of the boy ll being known as an Ultimate, his uncle and his friends immediately got jealous. I mean, who wouldn't?
Some random kid solves a case and becomes an Ultimate while they worked their asses off to at least become famous by solving thousands of murder cases.

Kaito, Maki and Kaede, his only friends. He's an introvert. Always hiding his face beneath his hat. Everyone in his school would call him emo.

Maybe because he is emo.

"Get the fuck up rat" his uncle kicked him in the stomach making him cry out in pain.
"Stop fucking crying and get the FUCK UP!" he kicked him in the stomach only harder this time. He slowly stood up, holding his stomach. Even after all these years of getting kicked and punched, he will never get used to the pain.

"Your going to school now. Get dressed and leave. Immediately" he nodded and went to the bathroom. His uncle never gave him any food so he was starving every weekends. His friends bring extra food since they know what's happening in his house and gives it all to Shuichi.

He picks up his usual clothes, all black and emo, then wears it. Of course he didn't forgot about his hat. When he noticed something glimmer, he knew what the object was. (Suicidal thoughts)

His box cutter.

Yes he wants to die. But somehow, he can't bring himself to kill himself. It was an easy task to do. If you really want to dissapear, then you shouldn't think about your fear of dying. He thinks himself as a coward for not doing that.
Despite him being all depressed, he has never cut, not even once. Maybe it's just like what he thought. He was a coward.

He sighs and walks out of the bathroom then grabs his bag lying on the cold floor. He walks out of his room then out of his house without saying goodbye to his uncle cause he probably wouldn't care. He really didnt care.

After some time of walking and thinking of how lonely and sad he is, he finally reached school.
"Sidekick!" He knew who it was. He looked at the purple muscular boy and smiled.
"H-hey" his voice is hoarse. Kaede went up to him with a bottle of water.
"Here, you need it" she smiles. He thanks her and grabs the bottle from her hands and drinks it all.

"Are you okay, Shuichi?" Maki asked.
"Wait, what am I thinking. Of course you aren't fine" he finishes the bottle and throws it to a nearby trash can.
"Why can't you just, report your uncle for child abuse? Your an Ultimate Detective, sure enough they'll believe you or stuff" Kaito shrugged.
"M-maybe i-its becuase hes t-treathning.. me?" He sounded unsure.

They went to the back of the school to give Shuichi his breakfast. It's very simple. Eggs and bacons with waffles. Shuichi always eats fast but sometimes slows down so he wouldn't choke.
They all looked at Shuichi while eating.
"I feel so sad we couldn't help him" Kaede says looking down at the ground.

Friendship means a lot to the pianist. If her friend or friends is sad, she will do her best to cheer them up. But seeing she couldn't do anything to help Shuichi, she feels like a complete failure.
"If only I wouldn't get caught" Maki is an assasin, hiding behind her fake Ultimate tittle, the Ultimate child care giver.
"Shuichi doesn't deserve something like this, so let's do our best to help him in some other way!" Kaito tried cheering them up. Which worked.

They all nodded very determined.
"A-ah I'm d-done!" Shuichi states. He rubs his stomach, wincing slightly.
"Then let's go to class after we pack up, is that alright?" Kaede asked Shuichi to which the boy nodded. After packing up, they went inside the school.

It's time for class.