6

Shuichi stared at Kokichi happily as he was talking normally with his friends. No jokes, no lies, he's just really serious.
He was very happy to see them getting along. No one hurting each other, insulting each other, just straight up talking like normal people.

I guess normal isn't the correct word to describe them.

All of them has secrets they want to hide forever. Take those secrets to the grave.

"Let's go home now shall we?" Shuichi nodded and they both left the three who was still talking.
"Hey.." Shuichi said as they were walking back to the leader's house. Kokichi gave a hum in response.
"Why does it seems like... Everytime you smile.. it's always fake..?" Kokichi stopped making Shuichi stop walking too.
"Aha.. fake? They're genuine. How could someone like me smile... so fake?" He smiled and started walking.

Shuichi bit his lip and followed. After some time, they reached the familiar one story house.
"What do you want for dinner?" Kokichi asked as he they set down their bags on the table.
"Ramen?" Shuichi suggested and Kokichi nodded.
"I-im going to your room.. call me when lunch is ready" Kokichi nodded again. Shuichi sighed and went to his bedroom.

"How does he keep this whole house clean?" He asked himself. He sat on the bed, looking around the room for some.. interesting stuff.

For example:
A diary.

"The hell?" He knew he can't pick objects up so all he could do was stare at the closed black spiral notebook. He was silently wishing for some kind of.. wind to open the notebook as stop at at least one page so he could read.

And so his wish has been answered.

The wind wasn't that strong so it stopped at one page. He got up from the bed and looked at what was written on the notebook.

Dear Diary,
So my father left me once again with thousands of money. I'm happy he gets to earn a lot of cash and sad at the same time because he isn't going to be with me for like, the rest of the year and years ahead of us. If only my mother didn't died then maybe my father would be working here in Japan. Well, I am like a magnet of bad luck ever since I was born. I haven't got to talk to my mother since she's always working. She doesn't have time for me. I can't believe she died when we were supposed to have a family reunion-

And so it ended there. There was still more written at the back and Shuichi really wanted to flip to the next page, but sadly he can't.

You already know the reason.

"Shuichi?" The purple haired boy knocked on the door. Shuichi jumped and went back to sit on the bed so it wouldnt look like he was looking at his diary. The Detective thanked Atua that he didn't opened the door while he was looking through his stuff or else he would be screwed meat.

"I-im going out!" He got up of the bed once more and went to the door. He looked at the notebook before opening the door and walking outside.
"You didnt look through my stuff, did you?" He gulped and nodded, making it very obvious he lied. He sighed.
"You know you can't fool an expert liar" they both went to the dining room.

"It looks delicious"
"Do you need help?" He nodded. Kokichi took his chopsticks but froze.
"You okay?"
"Could you even eat? Would the food go straight to the ground?" Now that he thought about it, would it even go to his stomach?
"Welp, you gotta try first" Kokichi took some food and Shuichi opened his mouth.

"I-its so delicious! You're such a great cook!" He exclaimed. He was very happy he could eat. Kokichi blushed.
"Thanks" he sat back down and he started to eat his own food. They talked while they eat till they were finished.
"Go back to my room and please don't read my stuff" Shuichi nodded and left.