17

Shuichi POV

While me and Kokichi were walking to school, someone grabbed Kokichi's neck and started to strangle him. Maki Harakuwa. "Maki-roll stop!" Kaito ran to her and grabbed her shoulder. But was kicked by Maki. What's going on? Why is she so angry?!

"WHERE'S KAEDE?!" Kaede? "I.. don't know" the leader chocked out. He grabbed the girl's wrist and tried to pull it away. "Maki stop!" Makoto tackled Maki to the ground, making her release her grip from Kokichi's neck. "Let go of me!" Makoto jumped out of her way before he got punched in the face.

"Whats wrong? What happened?" Kokichi asked. "Kaede has gone missing ever since last night" Kaito explained.
"And why was I the one she thought who kidnapped Akamatsu?" Kaito shrugged. "How?" I asked.
"What do you mean?" Kokichi turned to look at me. How did things turned to become like this? Who knows what might happen to her..

"Do you think Junko kidnapped her?" Makoto said his thoughts out loud. Junko.... "But why does she need her?" Maki asked.
"A test subject or something" he shrugged. Junko...
"Shuichi" a voice snapped me out of my thoughts.
"You look very angry right now" I closed my eyes. We have to talk to Junko again.

—————Time Skip ———›

"Thats basically suicide!" Kokichi exclaimed. "We can't just stand around and do nothing. We need more clues. More evidences"
"You know how to manipulate people right? Trick them to answer the question?" I asked him.
"But still. Our lives could be in danger if we screw up! My life would be in danger!"

"I promise it wouldn't because I WILL protect you!"

Kokichi POV

Ba-thump. What was that? Don't tell me  I'm falling in love that easily because of one line! This is a horrible situation!

I sighed. "Fine.. I'll talk to her. But make sure you're close by" he nods. We walk out of the classroom and went to find the model. If I was Junko, where would I be? She could be at the nurse's office since Mikan talks to her. Or at her dorm.

"Over there!" Shuichi whispered.
"You don't need to whisper because no one would hear you" I told him and he blushed.
"Junko!" I ran up to her while smiling.
"Oh hey! Weren't you the one who talked to before?" I nodded.
"Could I ask you a little something?"
"Ask ahead! But first" she grabbed my arm and dragged me to her dorm. She was fast making me trip on the way.

When we got inside, she locked the door. "Like I said.. ask ahead" she smiled at me. I felt uneasy. Like I'm all by myself. Stuck inside a room with someone dangerously weird like her.

Maybe it's because I am all alone and Shuichi was outside.

My eyes widened a little but went back to normal. Ah shit- Shuichi really isn't much of a fast runner. Maybe it's because of the abuse. "How long are you gonna keep a girl waiting?" She started to get irritated with how silent I was.
"Do you.." I gulped. "Know where Kaede is?" Straight to the point.

Shuichi POV

"Kokichi!" I banged on the door. God and aren't I Invisible? If k could go through people how the hell could I not go through walls?! Maybe I'm not completely Invisible. Maybe that would explain why I could still be heard sometimes.

"Open the door!" I yelled out again. "You know yelling at it to open isn't going to work, right?" I jumped and turned to look at the person.
"Izu-"
"Hajime" he interrupted me. Wait..
"Hajime?!" I looked at the boy shocked. But why does he look like Kamakura? Long brow hair... His clothes are different.

"What are you doing here?"
"Nothing. Just watching you yell for them to open the door even though you know they aren't going to open it" he crossed his arms and leaned on the wall. Sarcasm.
"Then how do I open it?" He shrugged.
"Learn by yourself" my eye twitched.
"I thought you were here to help"
"I am helping"
"By sarcastic comments and by standing there looking cool?" I snapped.

"Who do you want to save the most?" Huh? The question caught be off guard.
"What do you mean?"
"Do you want to save yourself? Your friends? Or me?"
"I want to save all of you, including me" isn't it obvious?
"I think not" that caught me off guard once again.

"I think you just want to save yourself. You're helping me because I'm an answer to cure you. You're trying to find Kaede because she's needed in the group. And you just want to save Kokichi because he knows more than you do" he States getting closer to me. Is that what he truly sees in me? A selfish nobody?

"Now tell me again. Who do you want to save the most?" He repeated the question. Tears were falling down my face.
"I....." What is this feeling? Am I truly falling into despair just because of this?