18

Shuichi POV

"Shuichi" I turned around and saw Kokichi. No wait... It was that Kokichi. The Kokichi that appeared when I read his diary.
"H-how.. what are you-?"
"Have some hope" he interrupted me. My eyes widened a little.
"I could sense you were falling into despair by his words" he walked towards me.

"Dont trust him" he placed his hand in my shoulder.
"That isn't Hajime" he said.
"No.. thats Hajime" unless it was actually Kamakura. But why does he want to make me fall into despair when he was actually the one who wanted me to find Hajime? Unless he was acting.

"That boy is nothing more but an imposter. A despair filled man"
"His words will bring you down. Dont listen to him" he warned me.
"What are you talking about? I'm Hajime Hinata, Nagito's boyfriend. A man filled with hope!" He smiled while Kokichi glared.
"Come one Shuichi, you know I'm right. You're just selfish. You're doing this for your own good"
"No he's not!" Kokichi defended me.
"Umm.. yes he is. Can't you see? He didn't gave two shits about your existence before he was like this. When he realized you could see him, he used you to communicate with others. He's just using you" Kokichi gritted his teeth.

That's... Not true... Tears fell from my eyes as I looked down, avoiding his gaze. Hajime laughed. "Seriously? Now he's crying? He's really useless without Kaito. If Kaede didn't became friends with you, you would be the school's most lonely person ever" hes... Hes right. I dont have the confidence to talk to others.

"Stop crying it's pathetic" another person said. I looked up and saw everything turned white. In front of me was.... Me. He still has my hat and he's in a suit. "Could you really be that worthless?" I flinched. Now what... I'm insulting myself. "I...." I dont have anything to say.

"Are you seriously going to cry your way out of this situation?" I shook my head.
"Then stop crying!" I... I yelled at myself. I wiped off the tears but it didn't stopped.
"Look at yourself. What do you see in yourself?"
"A pathetic human? Garbage? A cry baby? A loner? A fucking person that wants to die?!" He yelled at me more. More tears fell from my eyes.

"Or maybe as someone useful. Someone with the strength and courage a person never had but only buried deep in his heart. Someone filled with hope and joy because of his friends. Tell me, did you even see yourself in a way that isn't true?" What does that mean?

"You could be more than a punching bag for your uncle. You could be a better detective than you are now" he told me. "You could fly higher than anyone else in this school. You could be confident and once in your actual life happy" he continued.

"Are you going to let your hard work go to waste?" I sobbed.
"Well?!"
"N-no..."
"Are you going to leave your friends to suffer?"
"N-no.."
He walked towards me and held one of my cheeks with his hand.
"Are you going to make your parents proud?" My.. parents. They're both watching me from the other side. I see them smiling from the other side. Their faces making tears fall from my face.
"Y-yes... I will make them proud" I said, filled with hope. Never in my life have I been filled with so much hope.

"Now... Who do you want to save?" He asked the same question Hajime asked me.
"I want to save all of you! I want to save my friends and find out the truth!" And i will do all of that. In the name of hope!
"Good" he covered my eyes with his hand. Then I suddenly heard Kokichi talk. His soft voice making my heart flutter.
"Now then..

Make this power your own"