9

Shuichi POV

I stare at Kokichi who was once again, writing on his diary. After what happened yesterday I was starting to get worried and protective about him and his safety. The bell rang signaling it's time for lunch. That was until someone came in.

"WHERE THE FUCK IS SHUICHI?!" My uncle. He slammed the door opened and glared at my teacher making her jump.
"S-sir please do not curse-"
"FUCK OFF WHERE IS MY GRANDSON?!" he looked at the rest of us. All of us were quiet. I look at Kokichi again, noticing his hand hidden underneath the table was trembling.
"Sir we are asking you to kindly lea-" the guard was punched in the face. He stumbled and fell tithe floor.
"I AM NOT LEAVING WITHOUT-" he then went unconscious. Everyone looked at the brown haired female assassin.
"He was getting too loud. I just gotta do something" she shrugged.
"Maki dear, please do not do that again... But thank you anyway" other guards came in and took my uncle out.

"So.. should we still go to lunch?" Kokichi asked the teacher, trying to not sound polite and scared as possible. She sighed and we all left. I could feel- yes I know, feel that Kokichi wants to talk to me. So he hurried up and went to the back of the school with the others.

We reached the back of the school, panting heavily. "You look like you ran from Mount Everest going here. Are you really that unfit?" Kokichi didn't answered and just sat down.
"That's kinda rude, Maki-chan" Kaede told the girl to which the assassin rolled her eyes.
"How do you feel?" I turned to the boy.
"Huh?"
"Your uncle came into the room, how do you feel?"
"Wait, his uncle came into the room?!" Kaito asked surprised.
"Yeah"

"Why didn't you told me Maki-roll-?" She blushed at the nickname.
"Whatever"
"Im... Fine..I guess" I scratched the back of my head.
"You're obviously not fine Shuichi" Kokichi said. It was then, Kaede started tearing up.
"Kaede? What's wrong?" Then again, the Detective was heard.

"I-im such a b-bad friend" she hiccuped.
"What do you mean Kaede? Your a great   friend!" Kaito tried to cheer her up but only ended up making her cry more.
"No I'm not! I couldn't even help Shuichi with his uncle and then he tried to commit suicide but now he's i-invisible a-and-" no one has ever seen this side of the girl before. She was so happy, cheerful, enthusiastic.
"Kaede.. please stop crying" Kokichi patter her back as she kept sobbing.

I started to feel guilty.
I made my friend feel like a bad friend.
I'm the reason they all can't sleep at night.
I'm the bad friend.
I'm the worst friend ever.

—————Time Skip ———›

It was a quiet walk back to Kokichi's house. He was holding the straps of his bag rather tightly. He then again hurried back home.

-

We entered the house. Kokichi placed his bag on the floor before he took m hand and dragged me to his room.
"What's wrong?" He glared at me.
"Why did you thought of that?" I tilted my head. What does he mea-

I made my friend feel like a bad friend.
I'm the reason they all can't sleep at night.
I'm the bad friend.
I'm the worst friend ever.

I lowered my head.
"Your face expression, you thought of something mean to say to yourself, right?" I closed my eyes.
"GOD DAMNIT! AND THEY CALL THAT SCHOOL HOPES PEAK ACADEMY WHEN ACTUALLY ALL OF US THERE IS FULL OF FUCKING DESPAIR!" he started pulling on his hair, frustrated tears fell from his eyes. I look back up at him and tried to calm his down.

"Everything in our lives is falling apart. Everyone we love is dying, disappearing that even the most happiest person alive is crying!" He pulled on his hair more.

Everything is falling apart.

——
Kaede POV

"Dear it's okay.." my mother tried calming me down.
"N-no it's not okay!" My chin was grabbed and I stared into those eyes of my mother.
"Have some hope. You will find Shuichi, help all your friends and everything will be okay.." I wiped my tears away.

Mother's right.
Have some hope.

I will be happy for my friends.
I will push aside all those sad thoughts.
I will move forward and..
Be the best friend for everyone.

Friendship means a lot to me after all.