9. The First Challenge

In no time at all one week passed and it was time for the first challenge. Everyone woke up bright and early excited to start the day. They all got ready in their usual wear and went to their common rooms to go down together.

After finishing eating, they all went to the place to where the first challenge would take place. When everyone from all the houses arrived Dumbledore started explaining the task.

"The First Task of the Triwizard Tournament. The champions take it in turn to try to steal a golden egg from the clutches of a different kind of dragon. Please wait in that room to find out what type of dragon you will be facing."

Wendy and natsu immediately frowned. They didn't want to fight dragons, they were raised by them! Fighting one would be like hurting their parents cousins. Even Erza was kind of depressed. Like seriously, her mother was a freaking dragon, why would she want to fight one. Gray and Lucy weren't particularly sad, but they knew exactly what the other three were feeling and that caused them to frown as well.

Once in the room Harry came up to them. "Why do you guys look so sad?" He asked. Natsu, Wendy and Erza just looked ant the ground, gray answering for them. "We don't really want to fight dragons. We—them especially," he pointed at natsu, Wendy and Erza. "Have kind of a strong... connection you could say, with dragons."

Harry had no idea what they meant but decided to go with it anyway. "Ok... anyway, they are going to tell us what dragon we are going to be facing." He motioned them forward. They obliged and fallowed.

Harry ended up with the Hungarian Horntail, Fleur with the Welsh Green dragon, krum with the Chinese Fireball and Cedric with the Swedish Short-snout. Natsu got the Hebridean Black Dragon, Lucy with the Antipodean Opaleye Dragon, Wendy with the Romanian Longhorn Dragon, gray with the Peruvian Vipertooth dragon and Erza with the Norwegian Ridgeback Dragon.

They all sat inside the tent waiting for it to be their turn. They heard loud screeching noises and spells being cast. There were cheers everywhere. Each person got marked until it was time for Harry to go.

He went outside the tent receiving cheers from Gryffindor and fairy tail alike. He saw his dragon, and started remembering the description of it he was told by hermione before.

"Supposedly the most dangerous of all dragon breeds, the Hungarian Horntail has black scales and is lizard-like in appearance. The Hungarian Horntail is a dragon native to Hungary and is considered to be one of the most dangerous dragon breeds, if not the most dangerous. It possesses black scales and is lizard-like in appearance."

He then also remembered what Hagrid said and his explanation.

"Oh, don't worry about 'em, Harry, they're seriously misunderstood creatures — Although, I have to admit that Horntail is a right nasty piece of work.

"It has black scales, and is lizard-like in appearance. It also has yellow eyes, with vertical pupils like a cat's, bronze horns and similarly coloured spikes that protrude from its long tail which it will gladly deploy in combat. The dragon's roar is a yowling, screeching scream, and its flame can reach to about fifty feet. While having a very far reaching flame the Horntail's breath can reach extremely high temperatures as it made a stone turn red hot in seconds. Its eggs are cement-coloured and particularly hard-shelled. The Horntail's foods of choice include cattle, sheep, goats, and whenever possible, humans."

He gulped and readied his wand.

~ (I forgot what happened.)

Harry managed to grab the egg using his skills as a seeker. He smiled at the golden egg in his hand, looked at what he scored and went back to the tent.

When he got back, the 5 remaining people were congratulating him— just like they did to the others— and readied themselves.

When the next dragon was prepared, fairy tail went out.

First up, was Lucy.

.