7~Switch on and off

The events that occured yesterday were still fresh on Conan's mind. He was still thinking if he should trust Kaito Kid with his identity or connection with the Black Organization.
He really didn't want to think about anything today, after all he was scolded pretty badly by Haibara. He sighed and went donwstairs as Professor Agasa and Haibara were watching TV.

~ Conan's POV~
I took a glance at the TV screen as I sat on the dining table. I wasn't really paying attention to anything today...I guess it was just strange to me that I'm back to being Conan again....

( I have to talk to Haibara later...)

" Kudo." Haibara said, gesturing me to follow her.
I proceeded to follow her to her lab as she stared at her computer monitor with furrowed eyebrows.

" What a predicament we had come across..." She sighed and took the antidote as she examined its components carefully.

" What do you mean?" I asked while I watched her examine the antidote.

" It would seem at first that the antidote was the one that made you turn back into Conan.
However, I checked the antidote several times before I gave it to you and I didn't see any flaws with the antidote whatsoever. Which means..."

" Which means?"

" Which means your body was the one who made you turn back into Conan." She concluded with her usuall deadpan expression.

I stood still for a few seconds before  i was snapped back to reality.

" So you're telling me that my body just decided to be Conan?" I asked jokingly.
" Yes, it would seem so..." She replied seriously.

I took a step back while I was deep in my thoughts, trying to figure out what was my next course of action.

" Is there a way for me to change back into my normal body?" I asked as I patiently waited for a response.

" Well...there is a way for you to change back but you will have to get used to it." Haibara mentioned nonchalantly.

My eyes widened as I looked at Haibara with confusion and disbelief.

" You basically have to imagine yourself go back to your original body while having a clear and calm mind." She said while typing on the computer.

" Is there any inconvinience with this process?" I asked with uncertainty.

" The inconvinience is that you have to be focused in order to go back to your body while trying your best to be healthy since it takes a lot of energy to switch between being Shinichi and Conan." She explained hastily.

" Ok, I'll try to do it now." I said as she nodded and started to prepare and clean up the place.
" Here it goes..."

I started to clear my head up as I sat on a chair, calming myself down from the morbid thoughts that I have constantly been having for the past few days now....
I started to fee at ease as I began to feel light-headed. My heart beat started to raise as my body felt numb  and I started to scream in agony as my chest became heavy. My entire body was burning.

A few minutes had passed after the excruciating process has ended.
I was quite proud of myself since I didn't pass out like the last time this happened to me.
Haibara assisted me as she gave me a glass of water and some of my normal clothes.

" Thanks Haibara." I said sincerely.
" No problem." She replied in a monotoned voice.

" By the way Kudo..." She continued.
" I think you should try to be more open with this "Kuroba" friend that you have. Afterall, you already know that he might be Kid...with what you researched about him of course." She stated while putting the antidote in one of the shelves.

" Hmm...I will think about it." I drank some water and proceeded to go to the bathroom to change my clothes.

It eventually became evening.  I said my farewell and bid Agasa and Haibara a good night as I walked on the side of the street towards my house.
I opened the door cautiously and went inside, going to the library section of the house and sat on my chair. I looked at the vast number of books that I had read and collected through out the years, smiling back at the old memories that were full of wonder, happiness and adventure.
Such happy memories...

" Such care-free memories...memories as they should be." I muttered under my breath, unaware that there was someone watching and listening to me.

" Care-free memories, now I'm intrigued." A voice said, hiding in the shadows of the night.

I quickly turned to see a figure wearing a top hat and white suite.
I slowly gained my composure as I gave the man in white a cheeky grin.

" And what does the moonlight thief want with me this time?" I said in a condoscending manner.

" Oh, nothing much. I was just curious as to where you lived, tantei-kun." He replied cheerfully.

" Hmm...I'm not convinced at all. You need something, don't you?" I smirked at the baffled thief.

" It seems that I have underestimated your abilities, tantei-san." He laughed as he walked towards me.

" I actually need you to solve this riddle for me." He said as he took out a piece of paper from his pocket.

I took the paper from his hand and examined it.

Doves are commonly your friends,

Places Kaito Kid is familiar with.

So we sent you a message from the heavens,

A message sent by someone almighty.

The dark memories of your past,

Tragic event that happened in the past.

Shall be continued and ended by the grim colored crow at last.

Will occur again and will be finished by....the organization.

I looked back at him with a serious expression on my face.

" It seems whoever you're dealing with here will come and find you, then kill you." I explained to the alarmed theif.
" I would presume that the grim colored crow means something that it is recognized for.....which is the color black.." I continued, unsure how the thief would react.

" So..they finally started to take action.." He said, clenching his fist.

" It seems the Black Organization finally started to make their move again..I should be carefull." I mentioned to myself.

" H-how did you know..them..?" The moonlight thief asked with wide eyes.

" Let's talk about this another time, for now you need to stay low while I'll try to research more about their motives. Just trust me ok?" I sighed as I looked at the riddle once more.

Kid was about to say something but hesitated.
" Ok, we'll meet again."

And with that, he left my home and vanished into the night sky with the stas shining brightly and the moon illuminating the vast books that the towering shelves held with memories that I so cherished.