25~The Warm Winter

The chill of the breezing air touched Shinichi's face softly as he gazed up at the night sky. 

He slowly rubbed his hands together and went inside as he left the balcony doors open. He thought about the past events and took a side-ward glance at the calendar hanging from the wall. 

The expression on his face is unreadable and indescribable, full of mystery his azure-colored eyes kept away from the world. 

~ Shinichi's POV ~ 

" It's almost the same time as before...snow will be coming soon." I muttered to myself as I noticed a silhouette of a person near the balcony doors. 

I softly smiled as I felt my chest flutter with sudden happiness. 

I couldn't admit to myself that I'm always happy when I see the magician clad with his white attire, hat, and monocles that gave him the recognition as the moonlight thief. 

I approached him sluggishly while I took a glance at the self-asserted magician. 

" Good Evening to you too, tantei-san." The magician greeted in a regardful manner. 

I rolled my eyes and scoffed at him as I beckoned him to come inside. 

He heartily came inside and laid himself on the comfy couch. 

" Why are you wearing your Kaito Kid attire right now?" I questioned him with a grin on my face. 

" Why? Can I not wear whatever pleases me?" Kaito said back while taking of his hat. 

( There definitely is an appropriate time for you to disguise yourself as Kid, you idiot.) 

" So...how are you feeling? Do you feel better now?" He asked with uneasiness. 

I gave him a beaming grin. 

" I'm a lot better now, thanks for taking care of me." I said with consolation. 

" Why are you visiting me at me at a time like this?" I asked once more. 

" Isn't it obvious, I came here since I was worried that your fever would get even worse." He replied sincerely. 

Thoughts suddenly flooded through my mind as I looked at the magician with confusion. 

" Why would you be worried?" I muttered to myself when the magician suddenly answered the question. 

" Because you're important to me."  

I perked my head up as I met the indigo-colored eyes of Kaito. 

" W-why am I important to you?" I stuttered as I lowered my head. 

Kaito looked up for a moment before thinking about the right answer to give. 

" I don't really know...you're just fun to have around and I never get bored or even feel bothered hanging out with you. You challenged me with things I enjoy doing and make me become a better person every time we meet."  

I felt my cheeks heat up as I tried to cover my face before Kaito suddenly stopped me. 

( W-what...?) 

" Hey...why are you embarrassed?"  

" I-it's because of the things you always say about me...." 

" Don't other people say things about you too?"  

He looked at me with a raised eyebrow. 

" No. People aren't honest or give me any praise since they probably talk a lot of crap behind my back...."  

He caressed my cheeks as he leaned closer and placed his forehead on my own. 

" What do you think about me? Am I important to you?" He asked in a whispering tone as my face heated up even more.

( W-what is even happening right now....?) 

"W-well...you make me feel happy even when I don't like to admit it...a-and you always make me feel strange...but in a good way..." I replied back as I sheepishly looked at him while our faces are inches away from each other. 

" I wonder...what would your reaction be...if I..." 

( Huh...?) 

Kaito steadied his breathing as he leaned in for a kiss. 

I froze up in place as I felt the sensation across my entire body before I hastily pushed him away. 

I remained silent for a moment as I was trembling furiously. 

" WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT FOR, YOU GOD DAMN THIEF !?!?" I shouted at the magician as he hurriedly got up of the couch and jumped out of the balcony with a triumphal smirk on his face.  

I sat back down on the couch as I felt my heartbeat pounding really fast and really hard. 

( God damn thief...I fucking hate you so much...) 

I buried my face with a pillow as I thought about Kaito kissing me. 

" Fuck! This is all your fault!" I scolded myself as I curled myself up into a ball. 

( Why....? Why do you make me feel this way..?) 

~ Kaito's POV ~ 

I slowly walked around the place as I touched my lips and blushed furiously. 

( I can't believe I actually did it! Shinichi is going to definitely kill me now....) 

I looked up at the sky as I felt a smile creep on my face as I waited in anticipation the next time I meet Shinichi once more.