32~Christmas Heist

The unamused detective showed a disdainful smile as he listened to the incoherent bickering of his parents on the phone as Kaito stared at Shinichi with a smirk and raised eyebrow.

The detective knew that he had to tell his parents about his relationship with the magician clad in white.

In all honesty, his parents weren't really surprised that their son would fall for a thief of all people...oh the irony of such a thing!

Shinichi scoffed at the idea as he dropped the conversation and greeted a Merry Christmas to his parents while staring at Kaito with furrowed eyebrows.

The day was quiet and peaceful, which made the high school detective more calm and satisfied with his current mood.

The room was filled with any normal item that the detective would use as his daily necessity or perhaps a habitual dependency on such objects which gave him familiarity with his surroundings.

Kaito knew that the detective had a lot of peculiar mannerisms that weren't normal for a person his age but sometimes that would show the adorableness of the rather stubborn and haughty, yet kind hearted detective.

~Kaito's POV~

" So...what did they say about..you know, about us being together?" I gazed at the detective while I grinned with amusement at the frowning detective.

" Oh, nothing. I think they are more amused at the fact that we're together." He spatted out as he forcefully flipped a page of the book he was reading.

It was like any normal day when we were together, always giving sarcastic remarks to one another while I tried to lighten up the mood and try to amuse the somewhat stubborn and serious detective.

I slightly chuckled as I looked at the window and saw small snowflakes hovering across the trees and buildings outside the place.

" You really should be happy that they actually didn't mind us being together." I casually mentioned while I stretched my arms and comfortably placed an arm around Shinichi's waist.

" Yeah..I know." The detective said sheepishly as he continued to read his book.

I sighed softly as I looked at the detective once more with curiosity and wonderment.

" Hey, are you planning to do anything this Christmas? Because I've noticed that you haven't decorated this place yet."

The detective blinked twice at what I said as he looked at me with a deadpan expression on his face.

" You already know that I don't celebrate such occasions like that. I would prefer to just lay down here and work on the cases I still have until I have the free time to do holiday activities without having to go outside." Shinichi stated seriously while he put the book in his hands on the table.

" Well, you don't have to do that anymore since you got me here to spend some time with you." I said with jubilation while he smiled softly.

" However, we still need to figure out about that jewel." He reminded as I pouted at him.

" Don't worry, we will figure it out. For now...we should relax and enjoy our time together." I smiled at the detective as I hugged him.

We spent our time talking to each other as I suggested to decorate the place.

Shinichi agreed and we started to clean up the place and made the room more spacious.

After a long time cleaning, we eventually decided to meet each other again at another time when Shinichi isn't busy with smaller cases that was assigned to him with the assistance of Hakuba and Hattori.

( I hope that you won't be too busy, Shinichi. )

~A few days later~

The detective slowly turned his head as he groaned and turned off his alarm.

( Uggh. I hate waking up early in the morning...)

He thought to himself before rubbing his eyes while still laying down on his bed.

" Was I suppose to do something today...?" The detective mumbled to himself softly.

His eyes suddenly widened as he jolted up out of his bed and hastily dressed himself and rushed to the front entrance of the house and made his way to the mall.

( Crap...I hope Hakuba and Hattori waited for me...Please still be there.)

~Hakuba's POV~

I constantly tapped my foot while I looked down on my watch, waiting for Kudo-kun to arrive at our meeting spot.

( Where on earth is he?)

Hattori leaned back near a lamp post as he squinted his eyes in search for the late detective.

I took a deep sigh as I vividly saw the figure of Kudo-kun approaching us with an exhausted expression on his face.

" Finally, everyone has now arrived." I mentioned with a hint of annoyance as Hattori and Kudo-kun exchanged greetings with each other.

" Sorry that I was late..." The Detective of the East apologized deeply.

" It's fine. You already heard that Kaito Kid is putting up a heist today in this mall, right?" I asked him seriously.

He stood still as I saw a clueless expression on the detective's face.

" You don't know. That's wonderful."

I rolled my eyes as we started to walk to the place where Kaito Kid will show up.

( What is up with him? He seems to be very out of it today.)

~Shinichi's POV~

( That damn thief didn't tell me anything! Not even a small hint...I wonder why...)

I aimlessly followed the two detectives as I tried to figure out the magician's motive.

My thoughts were suddenly interrupted as all the lights of the mall went off with only one light illuminating the thief clad in white casually sitting on the top of a balcony with the jewel I gave him the responsibility of taking care of and researching in his hands.

I felt my blood boil as all of the disguised police officers attempted to capture Kaito.

I hastily followed him as I was led to a hidden passageway of the mall.

I cautiously walk forward as I slowly saw Kaito approach me.

I was taken aback by the thief as he looked at me seriously rather than the signature smirk that he always wore on his face.

" Shinichi...I figured out the properties of this jewel and...its name.." He turned his head slowly as he held the peculiar jewel tightly.

" It's....Pandora..." He continued as he looked at me with a weak smile.