🍂🎃 [12th] UraSaka//うらさか 🍂🎃

"Welcome!"

I was greeted by a warm welcome and a nice, strong smell of coffee as I entered the café.

"Hello. I, uhm... Would like to order a coffee...?"

I was shy.
It was my first time coming here so I didn't know the barista and that kinda intimidated me.

"Of course, you're at a coffee shop.", the brunette smiled, giving off friendly and kind waves.

'His aura is calming.', I just noticed, my shyness slowing fading.

"Uh, yes, of course... Sorry, hehe.", I chuckled nervously, scratching my neck.

"Don't worry about it. So, what coffee would you like?"

"Hmm..."

I took a look at the menu above our heads, the costumers behind me already growling.

"Could you please hurry up already? Not everyone here has to time to decide for hours!"

"A-Ah, s-sorry..."

Suddenly afraid, I was ready to just leave the store then and there, but the barista spoke up.

"Excuse me, Sir, but nobody here is forced to decide on a whim."

He turned his attention to me.

"Don't worry, take your time. If they're bothered by it they can just leave."

His smile seemed brighter than the sun.

"Th-Thanks..."

I returned the smile and continued to look at the menu.

"Okay, then I'll have a Pumpkin Spice Latte!"

"I'll bring it immediately! Do you want to drink it here?"

I turned around and looked outside through the windows.

It was raining heavily.

"Yes, I'd like to stay here."

"Alright then, take a seat, I'll bring it to you."

"Thank you very much."

Doing as he said I searched for the nearest free seat and let myself fall down onto the comfy cushions and blankets.
Further inspectioning the café, I only yet noticed how cozy and homely it was.

Scenery pictures everywhere, big windows to let in most of the sunlight, cushions and blankets everywhere, a few flowers here and there.

Spacing out, I didn't notice the barista approaching me with my hot beverage.

"Here you go! Would you like to pay now or later?"

"Now, I guess."

I took out my wallet and handed him the money.

"Thanks. By the way, what's your name, if I may ask?"

"I'm Sakata."

"Cool. I'm Urata."

He smiled and left me by myself to sip at my drink.

I waved at him with a smile as I left the café, still tasting the sweet yet spicy aroma of the latte I just drank.

……………………………

I was there yet again today.

It became a routine.
I would go there whenever I had the time to do so, it already felt like my second home.

Where did I go there for?
The drinks?
Probably.

But the main reason was-

"Hey, you're here again!"

- Him.

"Yes, of course I am! What did you expect?", I laughed lightly.

"Yes yes, we all know you by now.", he laughed along.

"So, the usual?"

"Yeah, that would be great."

Over the weeks, I got to know the barista who I know now was called Urata.

He's a really kind yet sadistic type of guy who wasn't good at showing his feelings.
Though he told me it got easier for him since the first time he saw me.

"Here, it's on me today."

He put my drink on table in front of me with his usual smile that I started to become addicted to.

"Ehh? You can't do that!"

"I work here, of course I can."

"You cannot!"

"Sakata... Just take it, okay? You're already a regular here so see it as loyality bonus."

I let out a sigh.

"Alright..."

"Thanks. Now, if you'll excuse me- I have to serve my other, less-problematic costumers."

"Wha- Hey, don't be so mean!"

I heard him chuckle.

It was cute.

"Don't worry don't worry, you're still my favorite.", he winked at me and turned on his heel.

"If you'd wait for me- I'm on my break in a few minutes. Maybe we could talk a bit?"

"S-Sure."

I suddenly felt my cheeks warm up a bit.
My head felt fuzzy and a comfortable warmth spread across my entire body.

"Okay, then. See you in a bit!"

He winked again, making my pulse speed up.

'I suppose this is what people call falling in love...?'

I smiled to myself, happy and content about being here with him.

I would never forget the day I first entered this café, taking shelter from the rain.

Rainy days aren't that bad after all, huh?

……………………………

Cozy~
Cozy~
(Fuck you Lilly, I know you would write 'cosy', ew)