🍂🎃 [25th] S!N//しん 🍂🎃

"Ahhhh, moooooove!!!"

But it was too late.

I had already bumped into her.

Flashback

"Make sure you'll bring your little sister a birthday cake, yes???"

"Yes, yes.", I smiled at my panicking mother, amused by her overreactions.

Yes, today was my little sister's birthday and everyone was excited.

Except for herself and me.

We knew that a birthday is just the day we were born, so we don't really care about that.
But if our mothers forces us to celebrate it, then I guess we have no choice.

Walking to a nearby store to get some neat looking, cheap cake, I also bought something as a present for her.
Though she didn't care about her birthday I'd be called an asshole if I didn't get her something.

Present stuffed into my bag and cake in hand, I started walking home again.
I walked around the corner as I saw a girl running right into my direction, screaming.

Flashback end

The cake fell onto the ground, the decoration on it now a complete mess.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry!! H-Hey, uh, I hope this cake wasn't important...?"

She gazed afraid into my eyes, waiting full of hope for a positive answer.

"It was for my sister's birthday. Don't sweat it."

"Oh my god, how can you say that?? I'm so sorry... You know, uhm... Actually... I'm a baker. If you'd come with me I'd bake you a new one real quick, and it'll be even better than that one!"

What had I to lose?

"Sure."

.................................

As we reached her café she hurried inside, throwing on her apron and quickly gathering the ingredients for the cake.

"So, how long have you been doing this?", I initiated a conversation due to boredom.

"Baking? I've owned this café for three years but I've been baking before."

"Three y-"

"Yeah, haha. I don't look like it, right?"

We talked on about everything and everyone while she prepared the cake.
It smelled delicious as it got out of the oven.

"Thanks, then I'll-"

"What? It's not even decorated, duh. Just wait a few more minutes, I'll have to replace the old one!"

I sighed.

My mother was probably worrying her ass off already, wondering where I was and, more importantly - where the cake was.

I watched her slim fingers as she smoothly applied icing, frosting and fudge figures to the already breathtaking cake.
After a few more minutes she was done.

"Alright, it's ready!! Doesn't it look awesome??"

"It really does. Thanks a lot, my sister will love it."

I flashed her a rare smile and could see her blush slightly.

"A-Anyways! There you go, I hope you like it!"

I tried to contain a smirk.
She didn't notice that I already said I liked it but I'll let this one slide.

For now.

"Yes, I like it very much, thanks. Well, I'll be going then. Goodbye."

"G-Goodbye! Enjoy the cake!"

I smirked, leaving the store and going home.

.................................

"Oh my! What a nice looking cake! Where did you get that?"

"From a café near the train station."

"Oh, really?? We definitely have to go there someday!!"

I smiled, remembering.

"Yeah, we do."

_________________________________________

:')