Monster Mash

Monster Mash

"Come on, Dark! Time to get ready!" Wilford hollered through the halls of the manor. Dark just rolled his eyes. Wil was forcing him to go to a Halloween party with him, and Dark wasn't exactly looking forward to it. He wasn't usually all that into parties. He did enjoy some aspects of Halloween, though, so Wilford had assured him that they would have fun.

"Do I really have to wear this ridiculous costume?" Dark grumbled, holding up and eyeing a pink satin dress shirt that belonged to Wilford. Wil had suggested that they dress up as each other for Halloween.

"Hey now, I love that outfit! And yes, the costumes are the best part!" Wil replied, walking into Dark's bedroom in one of his suits, holding the cane that Dark often carried around with him. Dark sighed and snapped his fingers, which made the pink shirt and yellow pants appear on his body in place of his monotone clothes.

"Don't forget this!" Wil reminded Dark, holding out a pink afro wig. He had tried to get Dark to dye his hair pink for the occasion, but as expected, Dark absolutely refused. Wil wouldn't let him off that easily though, so Dark settled for a wig which he placed lazily on his head. Wilford went to work fixing it and tucking in the dark locks of natural hair that were still showing.

"Alright, I think we're all set. Let's get going," Wilford decided once the wig was fixed, and together he and Dark teleported to the party.

The event was taking place in an old and supposedly haunted house which was absolutely decked out for the holiday. There were realistic looking gravestones in the front yard, as well as skeletons and ghosts and jack-o-lanterns. Inside, things were somehow even more spooky. The lighting was dim and creepy and everything was covered in fake cobwebs. There were pretend monsters of every kind, fake blood and spooky decals, and generally dark and gruesome Halloween decor absolutely everywhere.

"Welcome to the Monster Mash!" Bing greeted them, dressed as a zombie. "There are drinks and snacks in the kitchen, the dance floor is open, and we'll be doing karaoke and a costume contest later. Have a spooktacular time!"

"Spooktacular? Really?" Dark muttered. But before he could say anything else, Wilford had hold of his arm and was pulling him towards the kitchen. They both got a cupful of blood red punch that had a big block of ice in the center that looked like a hand. They also filled their plates with gory snacks that looked disgusting but tasted wonderful. Halloween music blasted through the house as they snacked and drank while sitting on the sofa with a few of the other Egos. Dark wasn't frowning quite as often as he usually did, which pleased Wil.

"This isn't so bad, is it?" Wilford questioned Dark before biting into a "blood-filled" black cupcake.

"I do appreciate the scary decor and food. Although the punch isn't quite the same as my usual red wine, I don't mind it," Dark replied. He wasn't about to flat out admit that he was having a good time - he had to say it in a roundabout way. But that was still good enough for Wil.

After a couple more drinks, Wilford was able to get Dark out on the dancefloor, where they attempted to dance to Thriller and Time Warp, stumbling slightly from the alcohol. They took pictures together in the photobooth, and Dark actually smiled for a couple photos. They stepped up to the karaoke machine and sang Ghostbusters together, which everyone at the party sang along to, and they even entered the costume contest. Unfortunately, neither of them won - they got beat out by someone in an incredibly authentic Harry Potter costume - but they had a blast anyways.

By the time Dark and Wil got back to the manor, Dark was slurring his words as much as Wilford normally did, and both were walking clumsily, grinning like idiots at everything, and very sleepy. Dark never truly admitted to Wilford that he had a good time, but as his head hit his pillow that night, he was glad that he had agreed to go out with Wil. He even thought he might want to do this again next year, as long as he got to choose their costumes next time.

A/N: Sorry this one's so short, it was just a quick idea I had! I just love the idea of Wil dragging Dark into things and Dark pretending to hate it even though he loves it. Anyways, be on the lookout for more spooky Ego themed one shots this month :) Hope you enjoyed this one!