Chapter 13

*Lauren*

"Surprise babe! D'you miss me?"

Camila looks completely stunned and I can't help but smile at how brilliantly we pulled this off. I need to remember to thank Dinah.

I take Camila by the hand and slowly pull her into an embrace. Feeling her body fit so perfectly into mine again makes my chest feel all light and tingly. I can't believe I'm actually with my girl right now. She  wraps her arms around my waist and buries her face in my neck and mumbles something that I can't make out. Feeling her soft lips and warm breath on my neck sends electric jolts through my body and my skin can't help but break out into fit of goosebumps.

She slowly pulls out of our embrace and I'm eventually coming down from the high levels of emotion when she looks into my eyes and smiles so purely, before she finally answers;

C: "Yes Lolo, I missed you sooo freaking much! This is the best surprise I've ever had! In fact, I knew something was up with Dinah yesterday, I just never in my wildest dreams thought you'd be the surprise!"

L: "Well, remind me to thank her when I see her will you? She really did most of the work for me. I just had to show up here and be my charming self"
She smiles, rolls her eyes and playfully shoves my shoulder after hearing that comment and I can't help but laugh.

C: "So how long are you staying this time, Lo??

L: "Well, I'm here to help my Abuela. She's moving house soon and she needed some help packing up the house and since I have tons of leave that I haven't used up yet, I decided to take 2 weeks off from work and come up to New York to give her a hand. And of course, clock in as much time with you as possible!"

C:"I can help too! I mean, if you need an extra pair of hands?"

L: "Of course babe, that will be great! We'll start tomorrow, though. Today, I just want to spend the rest of the day with you. If you'll have me? Can I walk you home?" I noticed that Rob disappeared and had probably gone back home so I decided to walk home with Camila.

As we're walking side by side through the park, Camila's telling me about the new job opportunity that Rob had offered her and how she actually wouldn't mind working at the coffee shop because they make really good coffee there. I can't help but laugh at her reason for wanting to work there because she wouldn't be drinking all the coffee, but rather serving it. She shoves me playfully and pleads her case by stating that they make the best coffee she's ever had.

What a caffeine addict.

I challenge her by saying that she needs to take me there before I leave and I'll have to be the judge of that, and she agrees. The conversation shifts comfortably and the focus is on me now- I start catching her up with news from work and I tell her about the new project I'm working on, when my hand slightly brushes over hers and I panic slightly, not knowing how she would react, but instead of flinching, she naturally locks her fingers into mine and continues listening to me.

We're holding hands for the first time and I suddenly find that my mouth forgets how to form words but I play it cool and just force myself to act like nothing happened. On the outside I seem calm, collected.. Normal. But on the inside, I am running in circles, jumping up and down screaming at the top of my lungs!!! Holding her hand is probably the best feeling in the world right now. I couldn't be happier.

We finally reach the porch to her house and she stops before opening the door. Confused, I turn to look at her and she looks down, takes a deep breath and let's go of my hand. My heart sinks. Then she opens the door, smiles awkwardly and motions for me to go in first. Trying to shake it off, I walk into the foyer and Dinah comes charging down the passage and basically rugby tackles me- almost pushing me over!