Chapter 22

*Lauren*

My head. Fuck.

I press my palms into the front of my skull and squeeze my eyes tightly shut to block out what seems like the brightest light on earth. My head is pounding so hard and my mouth is extremely dry. I try to swallow a few times and then ever so slightly, I open my eyes. It takes me a while to realise that I am not at home and as soon as I do, panic sets in. My upper body instantly erects and thats when I realise I'm in Lucy's bed.

What the fuck? Oh no.

I lift the sheets up and look down at my bare legs. No pants. No underwear!! I slam the sheets back down in horror and my eyes scan the room for where my clothes might be. Just as I'm about to get out of the bed, Lucy calls out from the bathroom.

Lucy: "Oh! You're awake! Your phone rang. It was Camila."

Lauren: "Lucy! What the hell? Why am I here? Did you drug me??!"

Lucy: "Drug you?? You don't remember anything do you?"

Lauren: "Oh God!! Don't tell me! We didn't...? Did we?...."

I cover my eyes with my palms and throw myself backwards. My head hits the pillow hard, causing it to pound even harder. The pain feels like an extreme throbbing feeling like something was exploding inside my temples. I open my eyes and look at Lucy, expecting her to tell me that nothing happened.

Lucy smirks and ruffles her hair before she bends down to pick up my jeans and walks over to hand them to me.

My heart is pounding in my chest and I feel like punching a hole in one of the four pink walls that surrounded me.

Lauren: "I want answers and I want them now dammit! Where is my phone??"

Lucy: "It's over there on the dresser. Take it easy, Laur. Get showered and dressed and come down for breakfast. I'm making your favourite- blueberry pancakes."

And then she leaves me there. Completely disoriented and absolutely, out-of-my-mind confused. This is absurd!! I slip out of bed, jeans in my hand, I grab my phone off the dresser and run towards the bathroom, locking the door behind me.

*Camila*

Lucy.

My heart feels like it's been ripped out of my chest and squeezed really hard. I try not to jump to any conclusions but my heart isn't strong enough to deal with this and my mind does not want to cooperate. Tears start rolling down my cheeks and I feel the warm liquid fall to my chin. I sniff, wipe my chin, straighten up and attempt to toughen up and call back and demand answers.

I take a deep breath, click Lauren's name, put the phone to my ear and with my eyes closed I hope to God that it's a familiar voice I hear on the other end of the line. The phone rings twice and then clicks and someone answers

"Hello.. Hello?? Babe?.."

My heart instantly does somersaults at the sound of her voice and my entire body is covered in chills. Lauren!!

C: "Lauren!! What is going on?? Where are you? Are you safe? Do you need me to come get you?"

L: "Holy crap Camila! You have no idea how happy I am to hear your voice right now. I'm.. okay, babe. At least I think I am. I'll come pick you up after work and explain everything okay? Don't worry babe. I'm safe."

C: "Lauren?..."

L: "I'm here babe..?"

C: "Who's Lucy?.."

I can hear Lauren taking a deep breath and sighing before she answers.

L: "Lucy.... is my ex. But you have nothing to worry about! I promise you! I'm not entirely sure what happened but I would never do anything to hurt you Camz! You have to believe me! I'm going to get answers and come straight over to tell you every single thing okay?"

My hands start clamming up and trembling and my phone starts slipping. I grip my phone tighter, and start pacing. Anger starts building up from the pit of my stomach and it feels like a ball of burning fire that is quickly growing bigger and bigger. All I want to do right now is tell Lauren that I don't want anything to do with her and hang up this phone but I can't bring myself to do that.

C: "Lauren..."

As her name leaves my lips, and I hear it, full and in all it's glory, my eyes fill with tears and my voice trembles.

L: "Aah fuck, babe. Please don't cry!.. baby??"

Her voice doesn't help at all and now I'm full on sobbing on the phone.

C: "How... how could you? How am I supposed to believe anything you say now?"

L: "Please just give me a chance okay? I don't remember anything!! Trust me! I need to talk to Lucy to find out what happened and I will come straight to you. You deserve the truth, babe. Even if it means... even if it means I don't get to be with you after this, Camz. Just give me this one chance to explain.. please? I'm begging you!"

What does she mean she doesn't remember anything? Was she drugged? Did she take something and then do something that she regrets now? Why was she even with her ex? Nothing makes sense and the more Lauren talks, the more the pit of rage inside me grows. I will not accept anything but the truth!! She's absolutely right! I deserve the damn truth!

C: "Five o'clock, Lauren. If you're not here by five, then I'm done. You can forget about me."

I hang up the phone and without thinking and out of anger, I fling it really hard and it crashes into the wall and shatters into pieces.

————————————————————-