Epilogue

One year later

Sarah stood in front of thousands of people at the Araneta Coliseum. She stared at the crowd cheering for her, overwhelmed by their presence and support. This was the very first time she was seen out in public after she was rescued. She has declined every single interview from every single one that had wanted to hear from her. Many people speculated that she had already quit the show business. Many people were saddened about these rumors. Some were even angry. Others thought the tragedy must have really affected her and her ability and willingness to perform, so they tried to be as patient and understanding of her situation as they could ever be. However, everyone was surprised when they announced that she was going to be part of another tribute concert. People were so surprised and intrigued with her appearance in public after a year of being missing in action that the tickets to the tribute concert was sold out the day after they announced its ticket sales. It was a comeback Thanksgiving concert for her. The same singers and celebrities that performed for her tribute back when she was missing had already performed ahead of her that night. She was thankful for every single one of them as they volunteered to become part of the concert again. The concert was also another tribute for those that have died and those that were still missing from the plane crash she and Remy were both involved in. Most importantly, Sarah chose to do the concert for Remy.

Sarah took a deep breath. Her eyes were closed, but tears continued to pour down on her face. Then she looked up before she started to speak. "Hello po, salamat po sa inyong lahat na nandito ngayon. Salamat po sa lahat din ng nanonood sa mga bahay nila ngayon," she started while she looked at the crowd, but then she stopped as tears poured down nonstop again. She turned her back against the crowd. The crowd knew she was crying so they cheered loudly but passionately for her. They shouted her name. They shouted their I Love You's. They were all happy to see her alive and well. They wanted to celebrate her and the life she lived. However, Sarah's heart was overwhelmed. She put the microphone down on her side and started sobbing. Then she stopped herself again, she faced the crowd with a face wet with tears. "Sorry po ha," she said. Her voice quivered as her heart ached again. Then she took a deep breath. "Pano po ba toh?" She asked as her voice cracked. She shook her arm beside her. "Ang hirap po. Sobra. Kala ko po kasi ready nako," she said as she cried. Then she tried to shake it all off. "Ang hirap po pala tumayo dito sa harap ninyong lahat after po ng lahat ng nangyari sa akin, sa amin," she said. Then she shook her head again. "Alam nyo po, pinractice ko po toh ng pincractice before ako tumayo sa harap ninyong lahat. Pero ngayon po na nandito nako sa taas ng stage, nawala na po lahat ng gusto ko sabihin," she said. She was shaking all over. "That's okay, love!" Matteo shouted from the crowd. He could see how much in distress Sarah was up on the stage. He wanted to bring her even just a tiny bit of comfort. He and his family as well as Sarah's family admired her courage for being up there that night after everything she has been through. "Just say what's on your heart! Sing from the heart! Like you always do!" He yelled to her. Sarah smiled. Then the crowd went crazy. They cheered in agreement. "Kaya mo yan, Sarah! We love you!" Someone yelled from the crowd. "Thank you, love. Thank you po sa inyong lahat," she said to the audience. Then the crowd cheered again. When they finally calmed themselves down, Sarah stared at the audience, trying so hard to do exactly what Matteo had told her to do. She wanted to speak what was on her heart, not what she had practiced at home. "Nung nag-agree po ako na gawin tong concert na toh, medyo may doubts po talaga ako, may hesitations dito sa puso ko. Kasi ang totoo po, mahirap. Mahirap pa rin po talaga para sakin. Isang taon na po akong nagtitherapy, pero aaminin ko po, sobra pa din pong hirap lalo na pag naaalala ko po lahat ng pinagdaanan ko, namin. Masakit po, kasi sa isang taon na naglay-low po ako sa show business, nakilala ko po yung mga taong nawalan. Nawalan po ng mga kapamilya at kaibigan dahil sa trahedyang nangyari sa amin. Masakit po kasi umabot po ako sa point when I had to question God," she said then she started sobbing. "I had to question Him. I had to ask Him, 'Lord, why me?' Hindi ko po Sya kinuestion kung bakit sakin nangyari lahat ng nangyari sakin, but I questioned Him kung bakit ako po ang nag-survive at hindi sila. Kasi ang sakit sakit po. Kahit na hindi ko naman po controlado yung mga pangyayari, kahit hindi ko po controlado kung sino samin ang mabubuhay at sino yung hindi, masakit pa din na makinig sa pain ng mga magulang, mga kapatid, mga kaibigan na nawalan. Habang ako, andito. Nakatingin ako sa kanilang lahat, buhay na buhay, habang yung mga kapamilya at kaibigan nila hindi mahanap hanap. Habang yung mga kasamahan namin sa eroplanong yun wala na. It was hard to convince myself na I was here for a reason, na God chose to keep me alive kasi may gusto pa Syang ipagawa sa akin. May kelangan pa akong gawin para sa Kanya. Sabi ko po sa sarili ko, maybe I was kept alive kasi ako pa yung magiging 'Last Hope' ng mga taong kelangan pa ng pag-asa. Maybe nabuhay pako para mag-silbing pag-asa sa mga taong naiwanan ng mga kasamahan ko sa eroplanong nasakyan ko, para ma-i-paabot sa kanila na kahit nangyari ang isang malaking trahedya, meron pa ring naka-survive to tell the story. Kaya kahit masakit, I'm thankful to be standing here in front of you, alive and well. Kahit mahirap, nagpapasalamat ako sa Diyos na binuhay Nya ako. Alam nyo po, hindi po naging madali. Kung hindi nyo pa po alam, dalawa po kami--," Sarah was about to say when she had to put her hand on her mouth to stop herself from crying. She cleared her throat and tried her hardest to compose herself. "Dalawa po kami yung na-rescue sa island," she said then she swallowed. She shook her head. "Aaah, Remy," she said as she looked up while she had the image of Remy's face in her head. "Ano po ba masasabi ko sa batang yun," she said then she wiped her face. "Makulit. Napaka-lambing. Thoughtful," she said. Then she stared at the crowd as tears fell from her eyes again. "Sa totoo lang po, hindi ko alam kung san po ako pupulotin kung wala sya sa island kasama ko. Nag-tulongan po kaming pareho. Hindi nyako iniwan. Hindi ko sya iniwan. Tinulongan ko sya, tinulongan nya ako. Team work kami pareho. Marami syang naparamdam sakin na sya lang nakapag-paramdam sakin. Halos isang buwan din po kaming magkasama sa isla. Nakayanan po naming buhayin ang mga sarili po namin at ang isa't isa ng ganun katagal. Di ko po alam kung alam nyo kung gano po yun ka-big deal sa amin pareho kaya ganun na rin po talaga sya ka-espesyal sa buhay ko," Sarah said to the crowd. She was in tears the whole time. "Remy, mahal na mahal kita. Alam mo yun. Mahal na mahal ka ng ate Sarski mo. Nagpapasalamat ako sa lahat lahat ng ginawa mo para sakin, sa lahat ng mga naiparamdam mo sakin, salamat. Salamat sa memories. Mahal na mahal kita. Alam mo yun. Para sayo toh," Sarah said. Then she turned her attention to the band and nodded at them. With her cue, the band started playing Dreaming of You  by Selena Quintanilla.