Ch 17

"It feels like Yesterday that we were running around in Pol's garden our dresses covered in mud and knees scrapped as our brothers chased us

"It feels like Yesterday that we were running around in Pol's garden our dresses covered in mud and knees scrapped as our brothers chased us. Today you're officially becoming the sister you've always been to me. I don't know whether to cry of happiness or help you run for the hills," Ada laughed as she carefully whipped under her eyes in attempts to not smudge her makeup. "You are the most beautiful bride I've ever seen."

"Clearly you forget to look at yourself the day you married Freddie then," I quipped. "This all feels like a dream. The most beautiful dream, but a dream nonetheless. Please do not pinch me." A small knock on the door caused us both to jump as Tommy snuck into the room a bottle of champagne in one hand and glasses in the other.

"I'm hoping to be the first to toast to the future Mrs John Shelby, just the three of us." Tommy set what he was carrying down and kneeled in front of me. "Noel Halliwell it has been a pleasure to have you grow up alongside me and my siblings. I know having us as your chosen family hasn't always been the easiest, but you have brought something to our lives that no one else could have. You made John boy a man. You made Finn respectable. You made Arthur someone who can occasionally watch his anger. You've made Ada a twin sister." He winked. "And well you've made me someone who realizes occasionally he has to apologize."

"Thomas are you trying to ruin my makeup?" I croaked grabbing onto Adas hand as the girl let her tears fall without anymore restraint. "Because you've succeeded you ass."

"I love you Noel. I always told you would be a Shelby!" He kissed my forehead before pouring us each a glass and sipping the bubbly liquid. Today was perfect. Even if something went wrong I wouldn't care. My fairytale was coming true. I was marrying the love of my life.

I hadn't seen Polly Grat cry when I was growing up. I had heard it once or twice hidden behind closed doors, but the older women liked to keep that to herself. She was the foundation of this family and never wanted anyone to question that. Today I watched as Polly Gray held back tears. Her eyes glossy and shining as she held onto my arm a little to tight and walked me towards where John was standing calmly. There was only love in this building. No more anger. No more hurt. Just pure love. Who knew the Shelbys could have a day so pure.

"I don't think you have ever been so quiet," John teased as he spun me around the dance floor. "You aren't regretting marrying me are you Noel?" He kissed me gently.

"I'm just enjoying every moment. I would never regret marrying you. You're the light in my darkness John Shelby." I kiss him again pulling him to a stop in the middle of the dance floor. "Our lives together started a long time ago so today just feels like a formality but I wouldn't change it for the world."

"I'm going to love you until the day I die Noel Shelby. That's a promise."