Ch 21

Alina Shelby was born in the middle of the night after what I would describe as an eternity of labour

Alina Shelby was born in the middle of the night after what I would describe as an eternity of labour. The pain and exhaustion washed away the minute that tiny pink bundle was put in my arms. I had never realized something could be perfect until I looked at her. She had my eyes and Johns nose. No doubt she would cause us trouble from this moment forward, but it was worth it. She was a beacon of light. My world was no longer painted in greyscale. Instead it was painted in the most beautiful Colors. If I was being honest I would admit that ever since I took the Shelby name did my life transform into this. John and I were happy, but of course I feared that our happiness would fade. Things for us never seemed to work how we planned.

"I didn't know if I was ready for this, but looking at her now I know I am." John grinned as he drew circles on Alinas back. "Should we have another one?"

"She's barley three months old are you loony?" I shoved him gently. "Now is far to soon for another one."

"Well we will just have to practice till we are ready then," he kissed me gently his hands cupping my hips. "I love you my beautiful wife. God do I love you."

"You sure you can't come to this gala with me? Pol can watch Al," John whines as I adjusted his tie. "She's been begging to get her to herself anyway."

"You'll be fine without me John. It's only a few hours," I shook my head moving back to look at my work. He looked so handsome I was tempted to rip his suite off him and force him to stay in with me. "We can practice on making baby number two once you're home."

"You're killing me Noel, but you know that already don't ya," John kissed my cheek. "You best be up when I'm home cause if ya aren't I'll wake ya." He teased before walking over to Alina and placing a kiss on her head. "I love ya both. Don't miss me to much."

"I'll miss you the right amount."

When I got the call about my brother my world stopped. Everything around me grew dark and I fell to the floor as my name got called out through the receiver. I had to be picked up off the floor. This felt like that. This felt like a nightmare. Grace was dead. Someone had shot her and no one knew of whoever was responsible was going to come after one of us next.