Ch 23

"Thomas is a mess," I bounced Al on my knee

"Thomas is a mess," I bounced Al on my knee. Her tiny laughs filled the bedroom as I watched John get dressed for the day. He had been silent since I got home from my day at Arrow house. I could tell he was overthinking. That his brain was working a mile a minute as he struggled to get his buttons done up properly. "Do you think the rest of us are in danger?" This was a stupid question, because it caused my husband to turn to me with a fire in his eyes. A fire I had only seen very few times. "John?"

"Nothing is going to happen to you love. Do you understand me. I won't let no one get to ya. Cause if you die I die." He held my face between his hands for a moment before going back to getting ready. "Now get dressed the nanny's coming to take Al and Thomas needs ya at work today. Something about a family meeting. He made quite the fuss about it."

"How about you get undressed and we stay home instead," I suggested carefully putting Al in her bedside crib and walking over to my husband. I placed light kisses down his neck in attempt to seduce him knowing that no matter what I did right now we would still be heading to this meeting in a matter of moments. "You're no fun anymore John Shelby."

"I'm plenty of fun just you wait till we get home."