Ch 20

"You know if my brother sees you out of bed, he will have a fit," Ada rolled her eyes before shooing Karl to the garden to play

"You know if my brother sees you out of bed, he will have a fit," Ada rolled her eyes before shooing Karl to the garden to play. "Surprised he hasn't shackled you to the bed and demanded you use a bedpan."

"He's tried." I groaned as I carefully positioned myself in the chair. This baby would be here any day now and I was about ready to shoot John in the foot. At first it was sweet how caring he had been. Insisting I stayed in bed as the doctor had instructed, but even after the doctor had given me the okay to be a little more mobile as long as I rested when needed he practically pushed me back in bed every chance he got. I was going stir crazy. Nine months inside this home would surely drive me into an institution. "I think I miss the nights when he stayed out till dawn with the boys. Never believed I would say that."

"Soon this little monster will be with us," Ada places a hand on my swollen belly. "Let's hope it's a girl yeah. I'm not sure this world can handle another Shelby man."

"You should be in bed!" John said when he walked into the kitchen. He kissed my cheek and then bent down to kiss my stomach. "I want my girls to be safe and healthy," he pouted.

"Who says it's a girl?" I questioned pulling Johns head up so I could kiss him again. "I told Pol to keep that to herself. Said I wanted it to be a surprise."

"I'm just guessing sweatheart or maybe the better word is I'm hoping, because let's face it a little mini you would be way more adorable then a little mini me," he kissed me again with a little more force. "You don't know how bad I wanna touch your right now love, but we can't."

"Why can't we?" I pouted. "I miss you John."

"I'm right here Noel. There's nothing to miss." He offered me a crooked smile. "Come on let's get you to bed yeah?" I rolled my eyes but accepted his arm a wet sensation sliding down my leg the minute I rose making me pull John to a stop. We both stared at the puddle on the floor before turning back to each other. "What do I do??"

"Call Polly!" My voice cracked. "We are about to be parents....we need Polly"