Chapter Thirteen

(Jason's pov)

I hope he didn't chicken out, I thought as I knocked on his door for the third time.

"I'm coming," Nathan yelled from the other side of the door. The door swung open, revealing a well dressed Nathaniel.

"Oh good, you went with the suit I recommend," I said smiling.

"I haven't wore a suit in a long time Jason, this girl better be worth it." Nathan scowled at me.

"I think you two will hit it off." Nathan just gave me a look before turning his back towards me. Shutting his door before locking it.

"Jason?"

"Yeah?"

"Where is your car?" Nathan questioned, looking over my shoulder, towards the road.

"You're driving us there," I said with a small smile, Nathan gave me a skeptical look.

"Why?"

"Well Sara dropped me off here, so she could go pick up your date," I said.

"I see." Nathan gave me one last questioning look, before he started walking towards his car.

"Wait if Sara is picking up my date and I'm taking you, then how is she getting ho-," Nathan went silent as he started glaring at me.

"I'm taking her home aren't I?" Nathan asked.

"Just know this was more Sara's idea than mine," I said, knowing damn well I was lying to him, and Nathan knew it to.

"Mhm, I'm sure it was." Nathan opened his car door before getting in.

"Well she did help," I said once I was in the car, Nathan cranked the car before looking over at me, giving me a 'do I look stupid to you look'.

"Ok it was all me," I admitted as he put the car into reverse, backing out of the driveway, before shifting the car into drive.

"So."

"So?"

"Tell me a little bit about Lana?" Nathan asked.

"Well she's an artist just like you, she's been divorced for about two years now, she doesn't have kids but from what Sara has told me she does want kids, I think she's the same age as Sara."

"Have you met her before?" Nathan asked as he pulled the car into the parking lot of the restaurant.

"I've met her a few times, she's a little shy, but she's really nice," I said trying to reassuring him, Nathan just shook his head, turning the car off before taking the keys out of the ignition.