Chapter 14 - A Chat With Remus

Janus's P.O.V

It was Sunday. People were going to church, spending the day with their families or preparing for Sunday dinner. Not for me.

My mother had left me for two days and it was the second day. She'd be coming back tomorrow but til then I have to entertain myself or do anything I need to do.

I got out of bed and opened my blinds so sunlight could pour into my room. I didn't want to waste electricity.

It was raining and thundering. Yesterday was pretty dull so it's not surprising. A day in for me I think.

I refilled up my snakes water bowl and held him for a little to catch him up on all that's been going on. Since I have been too busy for it I never got a chance too so today I'll tell him everything!

After that, I went to clean up my mess in the kitchen from yesterday when I cooked for myself then ended up getting some pizza delivered to my house. I should have never of taken advice from the internet at all.

Even if it was raining I still had something to do today. I had to see Remus and talk to him about things that have happened. He must of taken this harshly.

I went back to my room and put on the clothes from yesterday like a dirty rat and grabbed my phone. I also need to cheak messages in the chat to catch up with any missed things.

Roman: Hello, this is Roman and Remus's mother. Roman's funeral will be on the 30th November. I hope you all can attend.
It is at ****************.
Thank you and goodbye.

Patton: I'll come

Logan: It would be wrong not to go.

Virgil: wouldnt miss it for anything

Remy: Coming

Janus: Same.

Emile: Ill come as well

Roman: Thank you boys.

Janus: Also madam, where do you and Remus live. I would like to talk to him.

Roman: We live at ************** I'm sure he'll apreciate the visit young man.

Janus: Thank you.

Logan: Why did you want to know where Remus lives?

Janus: I want to talk to him about something. And I know he hasn't taken all of this well at all.

Patton: That's a good idea.

Virgil: good luck trying to get through to him though

Patton: Yeah, good luck.

I shoved my phone in my pocket and zipped it up so it wouldn't get wet from the rain.

I know exactly where Remus lives so I can get to him easily. I pass the house everyday and it's too massive not to spot from a middle away. Those two truely lived like royality.

Knock. Knock. Knock.

I knock on their dark brown front door. It was polished and shiny. Their knocker was a golden colour and could be easily mistaken for the metal.

"Oh! Hello!" The person that I assumed was Roman's mother opened the door and gave me a strange look. Do people enjoy making me uncomfortable?

I just waved at her in response to the awkwardness.

"Let me guess..." She began, "You're Janus, you asked this morning where we lived!" I nodded at her being correct. I'm not going to expose my stupid habit of lying to another person to be more complicated.

This women was really the energetic one. No wonder the twins have the same energy level as their mother. I'm not exactly that suprised really.

"Well, are you here to see Remus?" She asked me. And once again I nodded in response to her.

"Not a talker are ya?" She commented on my weird behaviours and again, I nodded.

I walked into the house and the front room was large with a enormous staircase fit for royality leading upstairs. On the stairs was a red carpet like the red carpet whereas the actual stairs were a bright, white concrete.

Their shoe rack was next to their door indicating me to take them off as I noticed Remus' mother was not wearing any.

I took of my black converse and placed it next to some dark green crocks that I think are Remus' shoes.

"Remus is in his room, it's the green door," She informed me as she left me alone going into another room off the side.

I walked up their stairs and walked along their corridoor til I saw a green door on my left oposite a red door. That's kinda cruel now. He has to look at Roman's room everytime he leaves his room.

I knocked on his door cautionately.

"Mum I thought I told you! I'm not leaving my room!" Remus yelled from inside of the room thibking I was his mother. He sounded so sad it was unbelievable.

"It's not me Janus," I told him. I guess he hasn't left his room for a while with that door taunting him from across his room. But what exactly did the letter adressed to him say.

"Oh, come in then," He seemed annoyed that I was here.

The room was dark appart from on corner with a green lamp that was on where Remus was sitting facing the wall. The room was rather big with the walls having some sort of dark forest painted on it with a blood coloured carpet. He had a bed side table with a decorative skull and a skelition next to that. This was probaly the most violent he was aloud to make it.

"What do you want," He didn't even look at me, he only spoke. Remus doesn't even seem like himself anymore. It's kinda scary.

"I wanted to know how you were doing," I told him as I went to sit on his bed.

"Why?" He's become so cold.

"Because, I care and I know you aren't taking this well," I spoke softly to contrast with him.

"Why do you care?" He asked me without a care in the world.

"We're friends aren't we?" I announced to him.

Remus turned towards me. His eyes were bloodshot as he had tear stricks going down his cheeks along with some tears. His nose was runny and he no longer had his singiture mustash.

"Really?" A glimmer of hope could be seen in his glossy eyes.

"Yeah, if you consider me a friend,"

"Of course, also get off the bed you don't wanna know what's been on there," He rubbed the snot from his nose on a tissue on the desk as I quickly stood up and sat on the ground instead.

We both hung out for the rest of the day happily. It was great to see him so cheerful. But did he really have no friends before me. Either way, I'm here for him now.

I stayed at his house for dinner because I am a disaster of a cook then went home swiftly and went to bed after doing everything I needed to do.

End Of Chapter. 1157 Words.