1 // Dandelions

"𝙸𝚏 𝚍𝚊𝚗𝚍𝚎𝚕𝚒𝚘𝚗𝚜 𝚠𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚑𝚊𝚛𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚐𝚛𝚘𝚠, 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚢 𝚠𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚋𝚎 𝚖𝚘𝚜𝚝 𝚠𝚎𝚕𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚘𝚗 𝚊𝚗𝚢 𝚕𝚊𝚠𝚗

"𝙸𝚏 𝚍𝚊𝚗𝚍𝚎𝚕𝚒𝚘𝚗𝚜 𝚠𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚑𝚊𝚛𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚐𝚛𝚘𝚠, 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚢 𝚠𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚋𝚎 𝚖𝚘𝚜𝚝 𝚠𝚎𝚕𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚘𝚗 𝚊𝚗𝚢 𝚕𝚊𝚠𝚗."

How long had it been again? 20 years - no wait, closer to 30. The days had blurred past him and it was hard to tell, but he knew exactly how much time it had been. 27 years, 11 months, and 8 days.

The scientist heaved a heavy sigh as he placed the dusty photo back onto the bottom of the hidden box he was rummaging through. Did he really need to come across this again? When he was so busy this week, he'd rather not be reminded of the people he'd lost. He was only looking for his old notes, and yet he found you.

His eyebrows knitted together, a sorrowful expression on his face as he gently brushed the dust off of the old photo. You had been the light of his life... How could he have let himself lose you?

He shook his head, driving that thought away. He was supposed to be working. He was looking for something - a tool, not you, not anymore. He'd gone looking for you before and came up with nothing - even using your DNA as a marker of your location, but it was as if you had never even existed.

He shoved the box back into its original spot at the bottom of the dusty shelf full of binders and folders and photos too apparently. He made his way through the lab he had under his home, and decided that he could make do without whatever it was he needed. At least, he could for now.

He'd been working for - was that a 9? 9 AM? It would appear as though he had accidentally pulled an all-nighter again. It wasn't the first time this week, as he had been working relentlessly. His children didn't mind, hell, they were used to this kind of thing. He could see the tray of breakfast at the desk of his lab in the corner. Right, they had already left for school. Or at least what was left of the school.

After the entire Florpus Hole hallucination, he'd been helping to repair the broken world. One thing he was working on would help revert a person's home back to the way it was before the entire event even took place. If he could perfect this invention, then he would save himself and his company a lot of time and money. It was too bad that it seemed to short out his entire lab every time he tried to boot it up, let alone test it.

He tried again though. He finally rewired the handheld machine to better channel the energy given to it, and as he flipped the switch, the power generator whirred, and then it began screeching.

"Oh, that's not good." Was all he could mutter to himself before he suddenly dropped the machine. It shocked him a good amount and he yelped in pain as it short circuited. It was a good thing he didnt hook it up to his lab generator again or it would have drained all the energy from - suddenly the lights flashed and shut off.