4 // Chrysanthemums

"What do you mean you never talked about me to your kids!?"

Your voice rang out though the entire house. You'd been talking to Membrane for a few hours. switching between jokes and serious topics like you're new living arrangements, and in this case, how he never talked about you to anyone anymore.

Membrane looked to the side, sweat beading down his forehead as he stuttered for an explanation. "W-well you see - I - I never had much time to speak of anything particularly personal as I was caught up in work and-"

"THEY'RE YOUR KIDS! THEY'RE PART OF YOUR PERSONAL LIFE!" You shouted at him with a frustrated groan. "No wonder why they're so defensive! I know I don't look that different from my pictures, but you didn't even show them my pictures!"

"P-please, (Y/N) clam down." He tried.

"No, we are telling stories to your kids about me right now!" You said with a determined shine in your eyes. You weren't angry anymore, but you really didn't want Gaz and Dib to be scared of you - you weren't some stranger... At least not to Membrane.

"Wait - we can't just suddenly change the topic for the 23rd time! We have to finish speaking about your living arrangements and your working conditions and-" You cut him off again, this time with a stubborn look that he thought he would never see again. It made his argument fall short without another word. He could save it for later, because for now, you were here, and you were still the same old (Y/N).

With that, the two of you urged Gaz and Dib into the kitchen. "Hey kids, cmon over here! It's story time!" You said with an almost childish grin on your face. The memories of all the things you and Membrane had done were so plentiful that you could hardly hold in your excitement to share the stories of your past and all the laughter they had evoked were already bubbling up your throat.

"Story time?" Dib muttered, only for you to ignore the distaste in his voice.

"Alright, so it seems as if you two aren't aware of who I am, which I find is a crime against our friendship, but it's time for us to start from the top!" You sat across from Membrane and the two children sat across from each other. Eventually even Clembrane and Foodio joined in."So, where shall we start?"

____________________________________________

It was the first week back from summer break, and already Membrane was having trouble with his new 6th grade classmates. There was really no point to trying to fix his current situation, considering that it happened to everyone, yet he couldn't help but feel like it wasn't meant to be this way.

He was roughly shoved down onto the pavement in front of the school he attended. He had gone to school here for 2 years already, and yet he couldn't seem to get rid of the people like the one he was dealing with currently. No matter how many he hospitalized, another one would just take their place as his new bully.