one

Natsu's POV

A/N: And thus begins the second time I've started a fanfic with a party. I'm so creative. Also, I will be swapping POV's more in this fanfic, but it'll be in Natsu's perspective for a bit.

Vote if you love Sting. 

"Are you mentally prepared?"

I shifted over from my comfortable position on my bed to look at the person who asked the question. Sting, my best friend, was looking rather proud of himself, sprawled out in my beanbag chair and smirking mischievously.

"Mentally prepared for what?" I retorted, rolling my eyes at his unreasonable excitement.

"Um," He gasped dramatically, "Only the biggest party of the year! It's tonight!" Sting got up from my beanbag and began to pace back and forth. "Remember the old legend?"

"I don't think I want to know," I muttered under my breath.

Sting ignored my remark and continued. "Every year, this guy named Lyon Fullbuster throws massive, unforgettable parties. Now that he's graduated, his younger brother, Gray, continues on his tradition. Rumor has it they've got major money to blow, and their parents are always gone," Sting explained emotionally.

"You're so melodramatic," I scoffed. "I see why you're the president of the Drama club."

Sting Eucliffe was the guy I called my best friend since fourth grade. People said we looked a lot alike, except he sported the dreamy all-American-boy look with blonde hair, blue eyes, and a chiseled jaw, while I had tango pink hair, greenish-blackish eyes, nerdy glasses, and annoying freckles dusted across my face.

Sting had always loved being dramatic, and he's been the lead role in our school's plays for more years than I can count.

He also had the attention of countless girls. Somehow, Sting was oblivious to them- scratch that, he was oblivious to next to everything.

"That Drama club would've sucked if I hadn't swooped in and turned it around," He argued, planting his hands on his hips. "And look at it now! We've never had more people auditioning for the spring musical this year!"

"I'm proud of you," I said honestly.

"I know," Sting smirked, running a hand through his banana-colored spiky hair. "Now, let's get ready for the party."

I glanced at the clock. It was only 4:30. "I imagine it doesn't start for at least a few more hours," I flopped over, now dangling upside down on my bed. "Why are you so excited, anyways? It's just a party."

Sting stopped pacing and he looked at me with an appalled expression. "Only the coolest people get let into a Fullbuster party. You should be grateful I'm in cahoots with Yukino."

"Who's Yu-"

"I can't believe I call you my best friend," Sting cut me off irritably. "She's Lyon's girlfriend. I met her at a public drama event," Sting told me proudly.

I felt blood rush to my head from being upside down, and I sat up before I got too dizzy. "Good for you. However, I'm hungry. So I will be going through my pantry now," I announced, sliding off my bed and waltzed over to my door. "Set up Black Ops."

"On it," Sting gave me a thumbs-up, flopping back into the beanbag and fishing around for the remote.

Satisfied, I thumped down the hall, down the spiral staircase, and my sock-clad feet hit marble flooring.

I passed by the decorative furniture in our show-room like house as I found my way into the equally spotless kitchen. My mother and father, Grandine and Igneel, were major eco-friendly freaks, which meant we had solar panels, special light bulbs, and a squeaky-clean house 24/7. Igneel ran a company that sold solar panels for homes and Grandine was a certified economic biologist.