five

Dedication to @Leviismabeayeahh for your multiple hilarious comments that had me laughing for a really long time.

Natsu's POV

School inched by relatively fast. I wasn't sure if it was because I was slightly dreading studying with Gray after school today or the fact that this English assessment was going to kill my semester grade. There was only a month left of high school left, so this was it. There wasn't any turning back now.

Gray and I had decided on studying at the public library, as we knew the school one would be crowded with Literature Club members this afternoon. I was currently leaning on the flagpole perched in front of the school, crossing my arms and attempting not to look like a loner.

My mind would not stop thinking about Sting and this mystery Rose, however. It was quite obvious to me that Sting was hiding something, something he should be telling me, because when I get suspicious, I will find out what he's hiding.

I briefly recalled the time in ninth grade when Sting was being shady and avoiding me the week before my birthday. After weaseling information out of his mom, I discovered the pleasing news that he was throwing me a surprise birthday party.

Guess who wasn't surprised when my friends jumped out from behind couches and lamps that Saturday afternoon?

No matter what, I could tell Rose made Sting happy, and I was glad. Hell, every single time I brought her up, he would light up with a goofy, lovestruck smile and his face would go red. He denied the fact he was in love, assuring me it was "just a little crush". I literally just have to say 'Rose' and he'll start grinning like an idiot.

But makes me think that Sting's moving on, but I'm here, wondering if I'll ever find "the one".

I mean, look at me. I'm almost eighteen and I've never even been kissed. Not that it matters that much to me, but everyone around me is getting girlfriends and I'm spending my Friday nights binge-eating and watching YouTube videos.

Gray snapped me out of my reverie by clearing his throat. Dazed, I shook my head to clear my thoughts and waved awkwardly at him. "Hey," I smiled.

"Hiya. Ready to go?" Gray ushered towards the parking lot, attempting to be a gentleman. I resisted an eye-roll and we got into my car, parked in my assigned spot. "My poor car is going to be staying here for the night- I'll probably have to get Lyon to drive me."

"What college kid would be up at seven in the morning by choice?" I asked, appalled.

"Not him, that's for sure. He's probably the laziest person ever," Gray admitted bemusedly. I nodded, knowing that made way more sense, and we threw our stuff in the backseat.

"Library, here we come~!" Gray sang as I backed out of the parking space and hit the road to the public library, trying to block out his awful singing with my mind. "Oh hey, so I was reviewing the list again..."

"Here we go..." I mumbled under my breath, bracing myself.

"Number seven says 'Go to a concert'. My best friend Rogue and his band are playing a gig tomorrow night, are you interested in going?" Gray asked excitedly, turning his head in my direction.

"Rose?" I repeated.

"Rogue," He corrected, not irritated at all. "I know, I know, they sound pretty similar. No, he's 100% male."

I gripped the steering wheel tightly, the blood draining out of my fingers until they were almost white. "Shit," I muttered.

"What?" Gray quipped.