seven

Happy Thanksgiving, my lovelies! I'm thankful for each and every one of you :) Oh God, that was so cheesy.

So this chapter may contain a few things you may not... like. Please don't kill me. Seriously.

Tbh I'm so done with writing crying scenes. Lord knows I did enough of that in Melting Gray, but here I am, writing another. If only I could improve in them. Let me know if it at least tugs at your emotions somewhat...? Poor Sting-bby. ;-;

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Natsu's POV

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry," Sting cried into my arms. I threaded my fingers through his hair and whispered soothing words into his ear, not really good with this sort of thing. The white-noise silence of the TV blared around us, but Sting's sobs masked the sound.

"Shh... shh... it's okay, it's okay," I repeated softly.

Sting sniffled and raised his head to look at me. His eyes were bloodshot, his nose was running, his cheeks were red, and his lips were chapped. He majorly had the sobbing-mess look going on, that's for sure.

"There is no Rose, is there?" I guessed flatly, already knowing the answer to the question. Sting shook his head, rubbing his nose on his long-sleeve shirt and bursting into tears again. "It's Rogue. It's always been Rogue."

"H-how did you know?" Sting managed to choke out, squeezing his eyes shut.

"No one in our school is named Rose. Rogue is in drama, you're in drama. He was always 'nearby' when you went to go talk to 'Rose'," I explained quietly, curling my fingers to imitate quotation marks.

Sting buried his face in his hands. "You're right," He muttered, voice barely audible. I put my hand on his shoulder tenderly and squeezed it.

"Then why are you crying?" I asked, genuinely curious. There was nothing wrong about a guy liking another guy, so why?

"B-because," Tears streamed down his cheeks and dropped onto his lap. "I didn't want to lose my friends, I didn't want to lose you," He admitted. "Gay people get so much hate, and- and," He choked up. "I was afraid you'd leave me."

"You know I wouldn't do that, Sting," I pouted. "Come on, now."

"I'm sorry!" He repeated, bawling some more, falling to his knees. "I just didn't want anyone to hate me! I'm so selfish I swear- I lied to you. I hate myself. Please don't hate me..."

I didn't know what to do. "Sting! Please don't say that! I don't hate you!" I tilted his chin upwards, forcing him to look up at me. "Hey... You know you're the golden boy, right? Everyone loves you. You're the hottest, sweetest, funniest, most talented, kindest person anyone has ever met. And guess what? You having a boyfriend won't change a thing. In fact," I leaned in, whispering in his ear. "They'll probably like you even more."

Sting's cheeks turned red and he sniffled, trying to stop himself from crying anymore. "Really?"

"Really," I nodded, being 100% honest. I knew the ways of the fangirl. They would worship the ground he walked on even more if he came out.

"Maybe really will be our always," Sting joked, quoting TFIOS. I groaned and dropped my head back on the beanbag, shaking my head solemnly.

"You moron," I pushed his head, laughing. Sting giggled- finally. Even if he was an eighteen-year-old male who giggled, hearing him laugh again was relieving. "Now come on, let's watch Spongebob."

"Oh, yes!" Sting clapped his hands, quickly rushing to get a blanket from my closet. He jumped on the beanbag, making me flop to the side, much to my dismay. I readjusted myself as Sting cuddled up on my arm and threw the blanket over us.