Have you ever lost your everything?

Don't cry, don't cry, don't cry. That's all Todoroki could think as he stepped into the house, sliding off his shoes and letting his coat and umbrella drop to the floor. Hanako burst out of her bedroom, her little feet scampering to pick up the pace, "Papa! Da-Where's Daddy?"

How did she notice so fast? She was her father's girl, after all, was. How was he supposed to say this the right way? Tell her...tell her what happened. "H-He'll be home soon, darling. He just had lots of work to do, as grown-ups do." Todoroki told her with the best smile he could manage.

Hanako looked very puzzled, "Why are you crying, Papa?" She asked him. Shoto didn't even notice the tears pouring down his face, "Did the big bad villains hurt someone again?"

Wiping his eyes he smiled again, "Yes, yes they did. But...but they're okay, Hanako. Everything is..." He didn't have the heart to finish what he was going to say, just breaking down into sobs like a horrible parent.

Who cries in front of their daughter like this? Shouldn't he be the one reassuring her? It hurt so bad, everything felt cold for some reason. Life was cold without the person you love by your side. Why was it him?

"I'm sorry, Hanako! I'm so sorry, I'm sorry I lied to you." Shoto sobbed with a broken voice, "Please...Please don't hate me."

She didn't answer, simply sitting down beside him and patting the top of his head as she always did. "What did you lie about?" Her voice was soft and calm, just like his. Katsuki had learned to be so much calmer over the years. But now he can't learn anymore, he can't walk through the door anymore and learn how to do things.

"Daddy...Daddy isn't going to come home!" He screamed in pure distress, not being able to help himself anymore, "I'm sorry, Hanako! I'm so sorry that he's gone. It's all my fault that he's dead!" He covered his eyes and cried harder, he couldn't take it anymore.

"Dead?"

Shit. He didn't mean to say that. Hanako started crying too, whining and weeping. Shoto could almost hear his heart shatter, this was all his fault. Hanako shouldn't have to go through this, the loss of her favorite person in the whole entire world.

The fall of the number one hero. The death of an amazing parent. But this is what being a pro is, life or death it doesn't matter. You'll just die in the end.

Everyone dies in the end. Even though he promsied he wouldn't. Katsuki swore on the day he proposed that he wouldn't succumb to the villains, that he'd live on until he died of the most natural causes. Evil-doers wouldn't get him.

They hadn't even gotten married yet. They hadn't gone on a honeymoon or danced at their wedding. They hadn't said vows and kissed to seal their promise. Why did it have to end like this?

Hanako wouldn't get to be a flower girl or eat all the wedding cake she wanted. It was horrible. This had to be a nightmare, a neverending nightmare that wasn't real. This can't be real, right? It's not real.

THE END.