Chapter 2:A New Experience?

I woke up early in the morning, only to see my alarm ringing in front of my face. I turned it off and start stretching myself to get my blood flowing. I went off the bed and going down the stairs to go to the bathroom. I feel a bit groggy and I need more sleep but I don't want to. I washed my face in the sink and started my daily routine.

Cooking rice, getting my fresh set of uniform and pants, cleaning my shoes and prepared some eggs for my binalot and for my breakfast. When the rice is cooked, I get my binalot and put rice on it then placed it on the table to cool down using the fan. I cooked the eggs, scrambled style, then after that, I put the one on my plate with rice and the other on the binalot.

I started to eat and after that, I went to take a bath. It really feels cold but I bear with it often. After I finished my daily routine and getting ready to school, I got out of the house and locked the door. Finally, I started to take a walk to school. I'm always walking alone but I'm used to it and I don't have problems with it.

I reached school at exact 6:30 in the morning and I went to our classroom. The classes started after an hour. Scribbling notes here and there, doing physical activities and making projects, depending on the subject.

Hours has passed, the class is over and I was about to go out of the classroom since I was the only one left when I saw a man in his mid-30s, quite tall and bespectacled. He has some gray hair and wearing a teacher's clothing which is suspiciously similar to an officer in the navy. In his hand is a book and important papers that I didn't know about.

"Mr. Lebosada, you have to stay a little longer. Please take a seat." The man spoke in a calm but a stern manner and gestures his hand, pointing at a nearby chair. Nodding my head, I obeyed and took a seat. The man went into his seat at the teacher's table after.

In truth, I was told by my history teacher to stay at the school so we'll have a private talk about something. I was surprised a bit when he knows about Azur Lane and the truth about the Sirens. His name is Sir Antonio Tuviera and I was his favorite student due to my almost excellent strategy making skills and vast knowledge about the history of both World Wars and about warships. He's like...........my second father when you think about it.

"Ok, sir. What is it you wanted to talk about?" I finally spoke.

Sir Tuviera placed the book and important papers then he looks at me in the eye. "You watched it on the news, do you?"

I simply nodded and waited for him to add more. "You know, Azur Lane is real, the 4 naval superpowers will fight those threats as one, setting aside their differences from the past. And that's why we're here to talk about those Sirens and Azur Lane."

As he started, I listened to every detail he knows about the Sirens, their motives and the creation of Azur Lane in response to fight them.

"Hm, I see. So it's really true about I suspected. By the way, what's the point of having me here?" I raised an eyebrow, a bit serious as I looked at him after he finished explaining.

Sir Tuviera gave me the papers and said "Here, read it. You will know the answer." He smiled.

"Okaaaay?", I let out a voice of curiosity and turned the pages. As I read through the paper, my eyes widened in surprise when it reads that I'll be transferred to the Philippine Naval Academy in a week.

"What's the meaning of this? Transferred? For real?" I want to let out an excited scream but refrained to do so. Sir Tuviera smiled like a father would to his happy son,

"Yes. In these months since the start of your school year, I've seen so much potential on you as a Commander of a fleet in such young age."

Aside from excitement, there's still doubt at the back of my mind if I can really carry such huge responsibility.

"But sir, it must be hard to handle that profession. I don't think I can do this." Sir Tuviera gave me a soft hand chop on the top of my head, letting out a sigh after.

"You can do this. I know you can because of your vast knowledge about warships, you're almost excellent at making strategies and I believe you have the power to take on that role. That's why I recommend you to transfer into the academy."

He stood from his seat, smiling as he was to say something more.

"Erljohn C. Lebosada, the soon-to-be Commander of your own fleet. Don't let your judgement overwhelm you. You have to believe in yourself and trust at your own abilities. I know you will succeed and it will grow strong and will remain on you forever. Now......" He reach out his hand to me.

What is this? His words feel like I've been washed away by the energy bubbling inside of me. I've never been said by a teacher who puts faith in me like that. I was surprisingly starstrucked and I feel like I can do this without a hassle. His brown eyes are filled with motivation and hope for me. I almost can't move to my seat as he said,

"Are you ready to become the commander of your own fleet in Azur Lane, handling that responsibility?"

I can't deny this. I can't turn his offer down after he gave his all to persuade me. It would be a waste of his effort if I said no and I'll feel guilty again like I'm always was. Filled with energy and confidence to do this, I stand up from my seat,

"Yes, sir. I will do my best to protect the seas and the whole world from the Sirens, no matter how strong they are nor how many are they. I will handle this responsibility with the best of my abilities." I spoke with determination. I shook his hand, meaning that I accept his offer to join Azur Lane.

Sir Tuviera closed his eyes and smiled, letting out a small puff of air from his chest. "That's good, then. We will start out about this tomorrow." After we shook hands, he get his things and before he got out of the classroom, he turn his head towards me and spoke once more,

"By the way, you can also call me Admiral Tuviera. I'm one of the representatives of the HQ." He smiled once more and got out of the classroom.

What? Admiral? A representative of the HQ? He never stopped giving me surprises. I went out of the classroom with a soft smile and began my way home, looking forward to my transfer after a week.

Wait, I didn't ask him about what kind of training I will do after I got transferred. I'm gonna ask him that when I have the opportunity.

I had a feeling that I've been led to the answer I was looking for.