Chapter 4:The Youngest Commander

Flocks of seagulls flying in formations under the clear, blue sky, the sound of the waves overlapping the shores and the rocks underneath the harbor and the chatter of Azur Lane ship girls talking about their businesses filled the atmosphere with a happy mood. I observed all of that as I looked at the window of my own office, sipping at my coffee. It gives me energy to work harder and makes me feel comfortable.

Man, it's been 2 years since I transferred to Azur Lane after I got graduated from the Philippine Naval Academy. I have my own naval base between The Philippines and The Pacific Ocean and my fleet continues to grow bit by bit even now ever since the HQ assigned Laffey as my first ship girl and secretary to get started with. The naval base that I have now is my new home.

It was all thanks to Admiral Tuviera, who gave me a way to get closer to my answer.

At first, it was really hard than what I initially thought when I transferred into Azur Lane for the first time and having my own district as my new base. The resource management, reports for the HQ, paperwork, rescuing ship girls, missions, etc. I even make mistakes at any of those that I mentioned but I slowly getting better and better at these things as the days passed by.

Sometimes, I get so tired that I almost can't keep up the work and there are times that I collapsed from exhaustion but they helped me recover from that. It was embarassing. Not having enough energy for the continuous work throughout the days but I have free time sometimes. I decided to have coffee everyday to have energy. Until now, it is my habit.

I treated the ship girls as my friends. I lead them to battle using my knowledge in strategy and adapting from different situations in it. I treated them as an equal and I saw them as fellow humans because they have their own personalities, ambitions, and dreams. I don't really mind much about their achievements in the past wars because I feel that it would be quite embarrassing.......and personal.

When they fail from a mission I assigned to them, I only let out a quite stern but a calm voice to let them know that they must learn. I even gave them advices and helped them when they needed me. Only once in a blue moon I got angry to them especially when I have stress due to much thinking on anything but I apologized to them after the outburst.

I'm not a superior who expects very much from his soldiers. I understand that they did their hardest to make the mission successful.

I also have my own subordinates from other countries. They came from Japan, USA, Russia, Sweden, Germany and France. They are reliable and trustworthy. I quickly getting along with them and became friends even though they are way older than me.

Talking about other stuff, Admiral Tuviera takes care of the updates about the missions and the transfer requests given to him to notify me about the new ships getting transferred here in my base via mail. It was really cool when we're working together to maintain the base.

Outside of work, I occasionally having video chats with my parents or Arjay to let them know how I've been feeling with my new life and in my birthday, they sent me gifts and some desserts. I also started target practices with a bow that shoots special arrows which turns into planes as my new hobby........which is a weapon for a carrier ship girl.

I feel happy at the ongoings of the base and there are no major missions that requires large fleets under many subordinates and a commanding officer. Only the usual scouting and patrol missions given by the HQ. But deep inside, I still felt the sadness that remained inside me for so long and I never forget what my mind said to me.

It doesn't mean that I'm really happy even I've gotten this far and I'm still fighting against my minor depression. I greeted new ship girls whether they are tranferred or after getting recovered when I visited them from the infirmary with a smile but I didn't feel that any of them are the ones I'm looking for.