Chapter 13:Awakening Of Hope

FINALLY PUBLISHED IT!!!!! We've reached over 5000 reads and like before, its still counting. Thank you so much for your patience and support. This is the longest chapter I've made this far and after all the wait, here it is. I hope it's worth the wait. As always, love you all, guys. Enjoy reading.

Narrator's POV

"Enty......"

...

"I'm.............sorry.………."

......

"Looks like.............I can't..........keep our...........promise.……"

……………

"I thought...........our first mission............is a success but..............she got me.….."

"Damn that Siren..............."

"My injury has been the most fatal I received.............."

"I have no chance of living....."

"My life sign slowly began to disappear........."

"I'll be visited by Death now and guided me to the Afterlife....................but my love for you..............

Will.....

Ne........ver.……..

Ever.…………

Fade...............

I love you, Enty................always........

Fare............well.…………………"

Commander Erljohn said those final words in his mind while slowly dying. He tried the best he could to stay alive but its not enough. The only thing he can see now before his death is himself being dragged deeper into the depths, the faint light from the surface, his own blood spreading underwater and his hand that tried to reach out to the surface. He slowly closed his eyes, feeling the pain and the loss of his own life. He also felt the guilt of breaking their promise with Enterprise, thinking that all hope is lost.

The hole on his chest after being shot down unknowingly by Cronosius spilled more blood, making his skin to look colder and colder every single minute. Erljohn tried to move his hands but only responds very barely. As death slowly came to take his life, he only wanted one thing.….

Live longer with his Enty until the very end.

In the surface

"NOOOOOO, EARL!!!!!!" Enterprise tried to dive underwater to save him but Cleveland, Takao, and Bismarck grabbed and stopped her.

She stubbornly tried to let go of their grips as she wanted to dive down there. Enterprise screamed in despair and after a couple of minutes, she gave in to them. The only thing they do is to hug her while tears flowing endlessly in her eyes. Earl's death before Enterprise's eyes felt so devastatingly painful and he's the only one whom she felt at ease with. The love of her life, the light of her hope and her endless joy disappeared and died at the hands of the Siren and her monster.

"Enterprise, he's gone. He's gone." Cleveland tried to hold her tears while hugging Enterprise.

Her mind told her that Earl's not dead and she wanted to find him there, whatever it takes. "No, he's still there. He's still........alive. He needs to be saved and I have to save him, whatever what happens!!!"

"He's already dead, Enterprise. The hole on his chest proves that there's no way we can help him. We all tried to save him but.........." Bismarck trailed off and closed her eyes.