chapteR 12

Go look at Niiijsssxsoskdxo 's art book for even more amazing fan art!
_______________________________________

Emptiness. His body was in an empty void. Nothing was there except for him. There wasn't a sound to be heard. Nothing to be felt. There was just nothing.

Suddenly, a pain seized his gut. He wanted to claw at it but his arms wouldn't move. They lay limply at his side unwilling to move.

The pain was throbbing harshly. He felt like his guts would explode under anymore pressure. He wanted to die right there and then but he couldn't seem to perish.
_______________________________________

Bad operation. A time and a place.

White fox had just snuck back into the lab after going to her latest hideout. She had stored her things in there. Just for the time being.

When she gets back, everyone seemed to be a bit more cheerful than when she originally left.

She raised an eyebrow but still went to her station. What happened in the hour she took off?

She had just got back to work when the main scientist dude slammed a hand down on the table.

She looked at his and his creepy interpretation of a smile that sat crooked on his face.

"The boss is so happy with us and our progress! Isn't that great?" He asks before settling back into that smile.

She swears that smile is gonna haunt her nightmares if she has to see it any longer than she had to.

"Yes" she said simply, smiling her own smile.

"Welp, I better get back to work or the boss won't be happy no more" He says leaving her alone.

She sighs out, releasing a breath she didn't know she was holding. She got back to work but heard some people muttering.

She trys to continue to work but her curiosity hit the better of her.

She stood up and listened intently before running off in a direction. She slowed to a still. She looked inside an office.

Inside were two girls, they were both swathed in white lab coats and were not so subtly whispering about something.

"Have you heard" said one girl. She had long black hair that was tied up un a bun atop her head. She had interesting well-manicured nails that were in full view as she whispered her heart out.

"What?" Said another. She had darkly tanned skin and nails that were bitten raw. She had shorter blonde hair but it seemed to be dyed since it looked unnatural.

"The boss is so happy he's chosen another target to test out the virus" the first girl whispers excitedly.

"Wow, I thought we were gonna work on mass production" Said the other and to be honest. Snow Fox agreed.

"Well, the bosses mind works in mysterious ways." The other girl says.

The two girls leave and White fox presses herself against the wall cloaked. By the shadows.

Well, fu-

_______________________________________

Meanwhile, in a hospital that is closer than you think. There is three countries and 49 small states. All, waiting on the small and very sick state that is Colorado.

Canada had made a clear path in the floor from all his pacing. The polish was rubbed of ever so slightly so you could see the path that he traveled.

Russia was leaning against the wall was playing on his phone, occasionally glancing at the horde of small children that shared the room with them.

Germany had long gone into a trance thinking about everything harder than he should've.

The children were all in different stages of despair. Some were trying to cheer the others up, Texas for example, was going around and trying to cheer everyone up. Some, were so weighted down with despair they might as well be statues. Nebraska, for example, who was rather close to Colorado, could be mistaken for a perfectly carved statue of a small child laying on the floor and staring st the sky blankly.

The doctor then came in and saddened a but at the sight.

"Their is stable now. You can visit but you need to be careful as they are still very weak."

They immediately all moved towards the door. Canada managed to calm his nieces and nephews. They went in and saw Colorado hooked up to various different machines. Their body was so small compared to the starch white bed.

The others started to cry again as they got closer. They didn't wanna do anything rash so they all sat next to the bed. Some, even hugged each other for comfurt.

Canada grabbed the small childs hand gently. The hand was small and frail.

Russia kinda just sat awkwardly in the corner. He didn't really fit in with the family.

Germany was also nervously watching as he thumbed the vial in his pocket. He bit his lip not sure what to do.

Canada looks at him expectantly and ushers him over. Germany carefully made his way through the mass of children. He pulls out the vial and prepares a syringe. He fills the syringe with the substance to a certain point not wanting to overdose the small child. He made enough for a full grown country expecting to cure America. But, again he was too late.

He got closer and carefully moved Colorados arm before finding the place he needed. He hesitated by looking at Canada who nodded the go ahead. He looked at Russia who just glared at him in the usual cold way. Then at all the other states who were watching hopefully.

'What if it failed? What if in front of everyone nothing happens? What if is gets worse? No, not time to dwell on the what if's' Germany decided.

Germany looks again at the small glow stick in front of him. He carefully lines up the syringe and pushed in. Injecting the cure into the small child. It makes it's way through the childs body. Only visible because of the color contrast.

Now, he could only hold his breath and wait....

A/N- Sorry for the wait... I have trouble writing my ideas down exactly how I imagined so sometimes it takes me a while to word out something. I hope you liked it.

Au revoir!

P.s. I wrote this at school during lunch and edited it during my off.