possible deletion?

i started writing this story around 6 years back. i didn't really have a plan for what i was going to write or how i was going to write it. i made up things along the way. it's really awkward and all over the place and rereading it makes me cringe a lot. 

to be honest, the only reason i still haven't deleted it is because i'm really attached to this book. it's my very first completed story. i met a lot of new people from all over the world while writing this story though i've lost contact with most of them.

i want to make this a better book but i'm not confident i can. i haven't written in a very long time now. this is the only book i've written that's received so much attention. i feel bad because i'm not even proud of it.

so i think i might delete it. i'm not sure. i'm just putting this out there to see what you all think. you've read the story, you've followed along till the end. i'm not asking you to make the decision for me. i just want to know what you all think.

i feel really conflicted. deleting it makes me feel like i'm giving up on it. 

maybe i won't delete it and i'll edit to make it into a better story. that'll probably change a lot of things in the story. it might even become a totally different story. 

i've been meaning to write this for months now. but i didn't want to say goodbye to this story and now i'm considering it.

so, there it is.