Chapter 34 - The Crown

New chapter and NICE TO HAVE YOU READING MY STORY!!!!!

This story's going to end in this chapter and I'm sorry about that. Another thing I'm sorry about is the fact that I won't be making a sequel.. Sorry, really sorry if you were expecting it.. But I'll come up with something... And it's a surprise!!!

Anywho, VOTE, COMMENT AND FAN, PLEASE??

ENJOY!

Ashs Pov

"Roger?" I whispered, disbelief coloring my voice. I... I couldn't believe it. This was the guy who had introduced us to the Heafi world. He was the one who told us what our powers were and tried to help us. He was a fellow Heafi, someone I thought I could trust the first time I saw him. 

I clutched Ray's hand tightly. I was staring at Ace, his body so limp, so pale. I was itching to move towards him but Roger must have read my mind because he said,

"You might not want to come forward. There's an energy force-field a centimetre away from you." His voice was cool, almost triumphant.

Ray and I instinctively took a step back. I felt a current of electricity buzz through me lightly. What was that all about?

"Don't do that either or you'll get electrocuted until you're dead. Actually, don't move at all. You're surrounded by the energy force-field that can kill you in an instant."

I wanted to punch his fucking head.

"Why are you doing this?" Ray asked, his voice cool and confident. I looked up at him. His eyes were urgent; he wanted me to think of something, anything to get free. I nodded slightly. While Ray found out what Roger was planning to do, I would have to find some way to crack this energy fprce-field. But how?

The tingling in my leg was stronger now. I must be at the edge of the force-field. I took a tiny step forward and sighed in relief. I couldn't afford to get killed now. Not when Ace was depending on me.

"Isn't it obvious?" Roger said, a smirk on his face. "I want power. Isn't that all that people want these days?"

"No, it's not," Ray said softly but Roger went on as if he didn't hear it at all. 

"You both know where the Heafi Crown is and you can get it for me. This boy here, Ace, is just a hostage. I know you'll do anything to save him. So get me the crown."

"Never," Ray said, adamantly.

Roger froze and turned to glare at Ray darkly. "I can kill him anytime I want, you know."

I thought over what I could do. What would break this stupid shield. Would fire break through it? Fire destroys everything, doesn't it? Maybe the force-field can catch fire and combining both Ray's and my fire, it could melt through. Was I being stupid right now? What if the fire catches on the force-field and instead on burning it down, it simply rebounds on us. We could die. But we would die anyway.

"You won't kill him," Ray answered, his hand moving down my neck to the small of my back. He was rubbing circles on my back, soothing me. I leaned into his touch. "You can't, in fact. If you kill him, you won't have anything to bargain with. You need him just as much as you need us."

Roger started laughing. He literally started laughing. Why was he laughing? "I can torture him and make you watch it. I can torture him for days until you give in. He won't die but will you let your boyfriend watch his brother in pain? No, I don't think so."

I couldn't do it. It was impossible. This force-field could only be broken by Roger and all three of us knew that. I felt the tears start to sting my eyes. I felt so helpless.