Chapter 12

A few hours went by. They had been driving through the night and were headed to Phoenix. Amber saw Bella on the phone with their . "Hey Mom. It's me again." Bella said. "Me and Amber aren't in Forks anymore, but we're ok. I'll explain everything later." Amber guessed that their mom hadn't answered and Bella leaving a voicemail.

Jasper pulled up to a hotel. "We'll stay here for a little bit." He said, parking in a spot. They all got out and walked into the hotel. Jasper paid for a room and walked up to it.

"Amber, you should eat something." Bella said. "You haven't eaten since yesterday afternoon."

"If only I could keep food down." Amber said.

"You should at least try to eat something." Bella

"Bella's right." Jasper said. "You both should get something to eat."

"Here's some cash." Alice said, handing them some money.

Bella took the money and they went down to the lobby, where there was a small cafe. They both got something to eat and brought their food back up to the room.

A little bit later, Amber was in the changing into another pair of clothes. She felt nauseous and threw up in the toilet. She flushed the toilet, cleaned herself up, and walked out of the bathroom.

"You ok?" Jasper asked, giving her a concerned look.

"Yeah." Amber said. "It's just the chemo."

Jasper nodded. Just then, they heard Alice gasp.

"What is it, Alice?" Jasper asked. "What do you see?"

"The tracker." Alice said. "He changed course."

"Where is he going?" Jasper asked as he gave her a pencil and paper.

"A room full of mirrors." Alice said as she drew on the paper.

"Edward said the visions weren't always certain." Bella said.

"She sees the course people are on while they're on it." Jasper explained. "The vision changes as the course changes."

Amber looked at what Alice was drawing and she recognized it. "So, the tracker is going to a ballet studio?" She asked.

"You know this place?" Alice asked, looking up.

"Me and Amber used to take lessons when we were kids." Bella said.

"The studio had archway just like that." Amber added.

"Was it here in Phoenix?" Jasper asked.

"Yeah." Bella said.

A little bit later, they were getting ready to leave. Alice and Jasper were in the lobby checking out while Bella and Amber were still in the room. Amber was packing her bag, when Bella called for her.

"Amber, Mom's calling." Bella said.

"Put her on speaker phone." Amber said. They listened to their mom, until they heard James voice. They both gasped.

"Forks High School doesn't protect its students privacy very well. It was just too easy for Victoria to find your previous address." He said. "It's a nice house you have here. I was prepared to wait for you, but then your mom came home after a worried call from your dad."

"Please, just don't hurt her." Amber said.

"You can still save her. But you're going to have to get away from your friends." James said.

"Where should we meet you?" Bella asked.

"How about your old ballet studio." James said.

"And I'll know if you bring anyone along." He hung up.