Chapter 19

One day, Amber was making her way to the cafeteria. She walked in, grabbed some lunch, and headed over to her friend's table. Bella was already there. "Hey guys." She greeted them as she sat down.

"Hi Amber." Angela and Mike said. Jessica and the rest of them ignored her and Bella.

"So Bella. Amber." Mike said. "I was wondering if you guys wanted to go see a movie this Friday."

"Yeah. Sure." Amber said.

"Great. We can look at some of the options." Mike said. "There's 'Love Spelled Backwards is Love.' Dumb title."

"No romantic comedies." Bella said. "What about 'Face Punch'?"

"Yeah. I guess." Mike said.

"We should get a bunch of people to go." Bella said. She looked at everyone else. "Do you guys want to go see 'Face Punch'?"

"Yeah, Mike. We were totally going to see that." Eric said.

"Yay. Movie night with Bella." Jessica said in a somewhat sarcastic tone. Angela was in too. They all continued to eat until lunch was over.

After school, Amber was in her room working on homework. She decided to call Seth to see if he wanted to see the movie with everyone. No doubt Bella was going to invite Jacob. Amber had continued to get close with Seth. She hung out more with him than she did Jacob. She considered Seth her best friend. She picked up her phone, dialed his number, and waited for him to answer. "Hello?" She heard him answer on the other line.

"Hey Seth." Amber said.

"Hey Amber." Seth said. "How are you?"

"I'm good." Amber replied.

"What's up?" Seth asked.

"Me, Bella, and a couple of friends from school are going to the movies this Friday. I was wondering if you wanted to come." Amber explained. "I'm sure Bella will invite Jacob."

"Sure." Seth said. "I'd love to come."

"Great." Amber said. "I'll see you then."

"See you then." Seth said before hanging up. She went back to doing homework.

Friday afternoon after school, Mike, Jacob, and Seth all met up at Bella and Amber's house. "Mike, this is Jacob and Seth." Bella said. "Guys, this is Mike."

"Nice to meet you." Seth said.

"Yeah." Mike said.

"It's just going to be the five of us." Bella said. "Jess bailed and Angela has the flu, so Eric is taking care of her."

"Thanks for letting Jacob drive." Amber said to Mike. "He wanted to try out his car."

"Whatever." Mike said. They all piled into Jacob's car and made the drive to Port Angeles. When they got to the movie theater, Bella and Amber paid for the tickets. After they got the tickets, they all walked into the theater playing 'Face Punch.'

Part way through the movie, Amber started coughing. Everyone around her complained but she couldn't help it.

"Are you ok?" Seth asked. Amber nodded as she took a sip of her drink.

Only a couple minutes later, she got nauseous. She quickly walked out of the theater and ran to the bathroom. After she finished throwing up, Amber cleaned herself up. She looked in the mirror and saw that she was sweating. She felt hot, but she figured it was her wig. She splashed water on her face to cool down and walked out of the bathroom. She saw them all waiting, minus Mike. "You guys didn't have to come out here to see if I was ok." Amber said.

"We didn't." Bella said. "Mike isn't feeling well either."

"Well, I followed you out of the theater to make sure you were ok." Seth said..

"Are you ok?" Seth asked Amber

"Yeah." Amber said. "This happens often."

Just then, Mike came out of the bathroom. "I need to go home." He said. Jacob glared at Mike. "I was feeling sick before the movie." Mike said. Jacob still glared at Mike. "What's your problem, dude." Mike said.

"You're feeling sick. Maybe you need to go to the hospital." Jacob said, angrily. "Want me to put you in the hospital."

"Jake." Bella said. "What's wrong?"

"I don't know." Jacob said. "Let's go." They all walked out of the theater and got in Jacob's car.

"Don't puke in my car." Jacob said as he handed Mike a bag. "Here's one for you, Amber."

"I'll try not to, but I apologize if I get sick in your new car." Amber said.

"You're fine, Amber." Jacob said. Seth rubbed Amber's back the whole way back home, which made her feel a little better. She ended up falling asleep against him.

After dropping Mike off at his home first, they got to the Swan house. Seth gently shook her awake. "You're home." He said.

"Thanks." Amber said. "I'll see you later."

"Bye Amber." Seth said. Amber and Bella walked into the house.

"Why are you guys home so early?" Charlie asked.

"Mike wasn't feeling well." Bella answered. "Plus, both him and Amber got sick, so we decided to come home."

"Are you feeling alright?" Charlie asked Amber.

"I'm ok, Dad." Amber said. "Just a little tired, so I'm going up to bed."

"Ok. Good night." Charlie said as Amber headed up to her room.