Chapter 17

Another two months went by and it was February. Bella and Amber were still doing what they did after the Cullens. Only, Amber was even more down since she found out that she didn't have much time left.

Amber woke up and got out of bed. She went over to her closet to pick out an outfit. She decided on a purple sweater with black leggings and brown uggs. After getting dressed, she put a little bit of makeup and put her wig. If it wasn't for the fact that she was sick, Amber wouldn't be wearing any makeup because she didn't like wearing it. But she didn't want anyone to know she was sick, so she put makeup to keep people from asking questions. Once she finished getting ready, Amber grabbed her stuff and headed downstairs. "Morning Amber." Charlie greeted her.

"Morning." Amber said as she poured herself some cereal. She sat at the table and started to eat.

"How are you feeling today?" Charlie asked.

"Better." Amber answered.

"Do you feel up to going to school today?" Charlie asked.

"Yeah." Amber said.

"Ok." Charlie said. Amber had stayed home from school yesterday because she wasn't feeling well when she woke up in the morning.

Bella soon came downstairs. She grabbed something to eat and joined them at the table.

"Ok. That's it." Charlie said.

"What?" Bella asked.

"You guys are going to go live with your mother in Jacksonville." Charlie said.

"We don't want to leave Forks." Amber said.

"Girls, they aren't coming back." Charlie said.

"We know." Amber said.

"This behavior isn't normal and it's scaring the hell out of me." Charlie said. "I don't want you girls to leave, but just go to Jacksonville. Make some new friends."

"We like our old friends." Bella said.

"You never see them anymore." Charlie said.

"I'll make plans with them." Bella said. "I'll go shopping with Jessica."

"You hate shopping." Charlie said.

"We'll think of something to do." Bella said. Charlie looked at Amber, waiting for an answer.

"I'll hang out with Jacob." Amber said.

"Ok then." Charlie said. He put his dish in the sink and put his jacket on. "I'll see you girls later."

"Bye Dad." Bella and Amber said. They soon finished eating, grabbed their stuff, and headed to school.

At lunch, Amber and Bella walked into the cafeteria and got their lunch. Instead of sitting at their regular table, which was the Cullens table, they decided to sit with their friends. "Hey guys." Amber said as she sat down, next to Angela.

"Oh hi." Jessica said.

"Hey Amber! Bella!" Angela said. "How are you guys?"

"Good." Amber said.

"It's good to see you guys again." Mike said.

"Yeah." Bella said. "Hey Jessica, do you want to go see a movie this evening?"

"Uhh sure." Jessica said.

"How are you guys holding up?" Angela asked, genuinely concerned.

"Ok." Amber said. "Sorry we've been ignoring you guys for the last couple of months."