3.

Courtroom. That's where he was! At least that's what it felt like. Held on stand, accused to be a guilty for a crime he didn't wanted to commit. Judgemental eyes trying to put holes in his skull. He could feel the ground vibrating under his feet as the person beside him just wouldn't stop tapping his godamn feet.

“So you got married?” his Dad asked, calmly, and Zayn knows that’s calm before the storm.

“We got drunk and-" he didn't felt the need to complete his statement.

“Really, Liam?” He lifted his eyes, finally, to see Mrs.Payne forcing Liam to look at her “I am so disappointed in you"

“It was his idea" Liam silently mouths, only reminding Zayn why he hates him.

“No, it was not" Zayn frowns “You were crying, screaming that being the loser you're, you won't find any suitable suitors who will dare marry you and I was just consoling you when you proposed me. I took pity on you"

“Shut up" his mum slaps his bicep “You're as guilty as he is"

“But mum, I-"

“Shut up, Zayn" she glared with a pressed smile “You're embarrassing me"

And Zayn couldn’t believe his ears!! Embarrassing? Zayn was embarrassing her? And from the corner of his eyes he can see Liam’s lips twitch in a grin.

“Liam is young, I expect some stupidity from him but you, Zayn? Do you even realise what you did?” his Dad accused, rubbing his forehead in tense.

“Young? He is just 3 years younger than me! And it was his idea”

“Was not" Liam snaps back, this time Mrs.Payne slapping his arm to shut him.

“We can go for annulment” and Zayn's blood boiled, his turned his face to stare his sister who was on his left side. Wondering if eyes could kill how brutally his sister would've died. If she could end the whole thing with an annulment, then why not do it when they were in Vegas, why drag him in front of parents? For fun?

Yasir sighs, looking at his bestfriend, Mr.Payne, with sorry eyes “My son is an idiot"

And Zayn is about to leave his chair and call out the whole stunt- his dont need his father apologizing for something he didn't intended to do- or maybe he did intended but it was his fault, if someone should apologise then it should be him.

Yasir gives his friend a pressed smile “I am-"

“Fuck off” Goeff snorts “Liam is just as much guilty as Zayn is! Like he is 22- not that young to make marriage sound like a mistake! He is immature and stupid-"

“but dad-"

“WHAT MISTER?” Goeff asks, angry eyes making Liam flop back in his chair “THIS IS NOT A JOKE! A MARRIAGE! A FUCKING MARRIAGE! MAYBE ITS A JOKE FOR YOUR GENERATION BUT WE OLD PEOPLE LIKE TO RESPECT THAT TRADITION WHICH YOU FOOLS MADE FUN OF!”

“We are sorry" Zayn answers, instead of Liam, grabbing everyone's attention “We really are"

“A sorry isn't gonna solve anything"

“uncle" Olivia pleads “An annulment can solve this marriage like it never existed"

And Zayn was confused with his sister's actions. Why was she forcing annulment? The contract clearly stated marriage and lawfully a marriage should stand 6 months if any legal wills are authorized relatively.

“Yeah" Trisha agrees, her eyes tearing up “I never thought my son will have a failed marriage"

“Mum" Zayn growls, 'can she be more dramatic?'

“Get on with the annulment papers, Olivia” Yasir orders “As for these two! I am so disappointment- I dont even wanna look at them"

“Its really sad though" Olivia says, walking to his uncle, putting a hand on his shoulder “Imagine how great it would've been if they really got married, I mean, you and Mr.Payne have known each other for long" she rested his other hand on Mr.Payne's shoulder and Zayn can read her face- Can literally feel where her evil mind was going “and aunt Trish and Karen, they are such good friends now, this friendship in true words turned into a relationship because of this marriage. I mean it's funny but you guys are related, lawfully. And now we have to explain all our relatives why this beautiful thought is gonna remain a thought.

And Zayn sees right through her bullshit. He wants to scream that his sister is manipulating them and by the expressions of his Dad she is so succeeding.

And finally his Dad spoke up “They got married- Yasir, it won't kill them to at least give this marriage a chance."

“But I hate him" Liam pouts.

“You married him" Karen hushes him “and don’t dare say that again"

“But-"

“I wanna give it a go" Zayn stated, looking at everyone for approval “I am sorry for this and its a mistake but I wanna own up to it. I know a part of me wanted this. I will give it a go if Liam wants it too" he turns to Liam with his best puppy eyes “What say Li?”

And Liam with arches his eyebrow, he is so done with this, if Olivia is suggesting annulment then maybe that's what need to be done(?), “No" he groans, making Zayn grin, “Of course, I dont agree. You're a nuisance to my existence- what made you change your mind-, thought you fucking hated me-“

“JUST SHUP UP, LIAM" Geoff growls, leaving his chair to march towards Liam only to get stopped by Yasir “LOOK AT ZAYN, HE IS OWNING UP TO HIS MISTAKE, ACTING SO MATURE, SO DETERMINED AND THEN THERE IS YOU!! SPOILED, IGNORANT, IMMATURE- AND STUPID! YOU MARRIED HIM AND YOU ATLEAST SHOULD HAVE IN YOU TO GIVE IT A TRY, AND YOU WILL IF YOUR FAMILY MATTER ANYTHING TO YOU!”

Liam bites his lip, Oh this is what Zayn was doing- riling him- he sighed with a nod, staring at the ground. And maybe Zayn didn't intended for Mr.Payne to go that far- like he sure said what he said to get in Mr.Payne’s good books and also for him to insult Liam, because he knew very well how Liam will react.

But when his mum caressed his cheek saying she is proud of his decision, Zayn had a big grin on his face which refused to fade when Liam lifted his face on hearing Karen say she is disappointed in her son but regardless is happy to have Zayn as her son in law.

“Actually, now that this is sorted it suddenly clicked me. Remember dad always spoke about his London flat, how Zayn should have it? It’s empty, they can move in together. Zayn's studio is in London, Liam was moving London to complete his master, if anything its perfect timing.” And she made it sound so coincidental- Zayn was actually surprised that none of them is questioning the circumstances “It will give them time and privacy. I know Dad would've wanted that. If he was alive he would've been right here suggesting this, refusing to take no as an answer- I just know it” she says with eyes full of tears, ahhhh the sympathy card, Zayn bitterly thinks. And that worked too- of course it worked. Her idea and strategies were bulletproof. Yasir was engulfing her in a tight hug saying of course that’s what her father would've said and that’s what Zayn and Liam are going to do. If she would've suggested the idea anyway round his Dad would've been against using his dead mate's flat but now? With the sympathy card played- he was so on board.

And Zayn couldn't help but chuckle, a bubble of laughter leaving his mouth. He was not sure whether he should be angry or be amazed by his sister's acting skills. And when he felt eyes on him, he turned and saw Liam glaring at him, and yeah if eyes could kill? He would've been dead by now.