24.

Liam has zero control over his actions now. It’s an impulsive response, mostly. He is pretty sure is about to lose everything he once stood for and he highly doubts he is gonna regret if he does.

If Liam wasn’t sure about his feelings dead on, then this night takes the roll on him. It’s a get well soon party, something Olivia came up with to celebrate Zayn's recovery.

The music is loud, that’s for sure and Liam is all the way across the hall, trying to hold a conversation with Andy but failing miserably as his eyes are stuck on Zayn’s every action.

“Why are they cornering him??" Liam abruptly shares his thoughts, cutting short whatever Andy was telling him.

“Who?” Andy follows his gaze to a group, Zayn in middle with his back pressed against the wall, with Harry, Niall and some two faceless people standing in a circle around him.

“He shouldn’t be standing this close to the wall-"

“He is not made of glass- I mean, dude is a museum worth but he is-“

“What if someone stumbled on him, his shoulder will come in direct contact-"

“Okay- you’re acting like an overcautious husband and I am not here for it- I am still very much single and you’re making me feel sad”

“He is on meds he shouldn’t be drinking”

“Then go over there and say that to him”

Liam glares him and goes back to staring Zayn, “Why is he crunching up his face?! Is he in pain?!! Do you think it’s his stitches? Should I-“

“Zayn? This should be, ‘get well soon Liam fucking Payne’ party” Andy hands him his remaining drink, “Forget about Zayn for a moment and help me with Olivia- we went out last weekend and she hasn’t called me back. Should I approach her? Will I sound desp-” Andy seals his lips tight on seeing that love stuck look on Liam's face.

He follows his gaze again, though knowing who he is going to find, and a smirk curled his lips when he saw Zayn laughing out loud about something Louis said and when he turns back to Liam, he instantly rolls his eyes and snaps his fingers in front of Liam's eyes to pull him off his trance.

“Careful, Li, you’re drooling all over”

Liam fondly shakes his head and gives his friend a glare, “Do you blame me?”

Andy chuckles, “Not really. So what’s your deal with Malik?”

Liam carelessly shrugs, “nothing”

“Liar Liar pants on fire” Andy sings along while teasing Liam, “You are on the stage of daydreaming, mate. Literally undressing him in the middle of the floor- in front of his family, friends, colleagues”

“Was not”

Andy turns to observe his clothing and arched his brow, “Leather jacket? Copying his style now?”

“It’s his”

“Oooooo” he lowly growls, “Sharing clothes, how domestic!!”

“I forgot to do my laundry”

“Since when you forget things like that?”

“Get off my back and get me a drink”

“Okay, but you stay right here ogling your hot husband and don’t dare you make a move- just stick to daydreaming”

Liam rolled his eyes and showed him a middle finger, “I wasn’t daydreaming” he says, wondering where the heck Andy get these ridiculous ideas from.