18.

“I am here”

Liam reads this text, it was sent an hour ago which means-

“Shit” he curses, throwing his apron and medical files in his locker in a rush. He runs down the corridor, relief rushing down his veins when he finds Zayn in the waiting area.

He is pretty sure he is in trouble, actually, he is certain Zayn is going to kill him. “Hey” he calls, nervously biting his lip when Zayn looks up.

He was expecting a scowl which is why he is thrown off the bridge when Zayn looks up and gives him a bashful, which doesn’t look sarcastic at all.

“I didn’t check my phone”

“S'okay!” Zayn tip toes on his feet, “let’s go then”

“You think this is good?” Liam asks, self-checking his attire, “Isn’t fancy enough”

“Its Harry's party- people wear far more ridiculous clothes” Zayn informs him as they walk outside.

“you think my dress is ridiculous?”

“What! No! You should do something about the smell though- you smell like-“

“A dead person”

Zayn opens Liam's door for him, “Was gonna go with something less dark but Jaan, you smell like hospital- we can stop by our flat for a quick change”

When they reach home, Liam quickly goes to his room and takes a hot shower, while figuring what to wear, his hand brushes against a paper bag.

He pulls the bag out and weekly smiles on seeing the items inside, he grabs a pale blue shirt and a black leather jacket with a pair of black jeans.

When he is all dressed up, he goes out of his room and frowns when Zayn's not in the hallway, “Zayn?”

“No”

Liam follows the voice and peeks inside Zayn's room, to find him pacing in front of his bed.

“Look, Niall, I really don’t care, I have been waiting for last 10 minutes- I will be there before you”, Liam knocks the door to get his attention.

And Liam could see how Zayn's entire demeanour shifted, his tense shoulder dropping with a warm smile curving his lips, “Just go with anything- yeah yeah- I will see you at the party”, Zayn hangs up.

To his own amusement Zany’s eyes roam over Liam outfit.

“How do I look?” Liam asks, clearly taunting Zayn's ogling.

“Fresh”

“umm thanks and-“ now unsure he awkwardly stands on the door frame, “here”, he hands the paper bag to Zayn who takes it without question, “I bought this for you” he trails off, hoping Zayn catches on.

“Why what’s the occa-“ he looks inside and is lost on words- the memory of Liam listing the things he got for him just to apologize invades his mind.

He carefully pulls the big sorry card out first, next a Hugo label t-shirt and a Hublot watch. He wants to comment about how extra all this is, especially with chocolates but he keeps it to himself, at least for now.

He grins at Liam, who is nervously watching his reaction and takes his jacket off.

“Zayn-" Liam's lips seal shut when Zayn's shirt comes off next, and he keeps his eye contact as he wears the t-shirt Liam bought.

“How do I look?” Zayn asks with a smug smile, so Liam does the one thing he always does to shut up Zayn Malik, he grabs him by his collar and smashes their lips together in a desperate kiss, eagerly moaning when Zayn’s tongue started exploring Liam's mouth.